Movies: The Predator: The real sequel to Predator?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Every trailer/pic that comes out makes me less and less interested in this movie

Underwhelming trailer and storyline at this point and the lead actor appears to be pretty terrible actor

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's gonna suck. I feel it in my bones and I love Predator. Why can't they just make a different monster movie and let this one die?

Reactions: OmniCube

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Predator 2 was good, both AvP's were beyond atrocious, Predators was a step in the right direction, this... This looks like has 1 step forward, 15 steps back written all over it.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The Yuatja straight up murder bone any Abominations (predaliens) they come into contact with, they also level the hell out of the area.

The Yuatja would autoclave the entire planet if they found out humanity was f***ing around with experimental Yuatja hybrids.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Every trailer/pic that comes out makes me less and less interested in this movie

Underwhelming trailer and storyline at this point and the lead actor appears to be pretty terrible actor

Boyd Holbrook sucked in Narcos but was good in Logan. He plays an alright action hero.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The Yuatja straight up murder bone any Abominations (predaliens) they come into contact with, they also level the hell out of the area.

The Yuatja would autoclave the entire planet if they found out humanity was ****ing around with experimental Yuatja hybrids.
Dammit dude, it's Yautja. Yautja.

And having seen more and more commercials for this lately I have to say it really looks like a piece of shit. Half the actors in it are comedians, and it looks like a comedy that's just flirting with trying to be serious.

No idea why they bothered.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
AvP: R had such a good premise, I really loved the idea of a Predator "cleaner". But then they dummied it into one of the worst films ever.
This one doesn't even have that going for it.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Boyd Holbrook sucked in Narcos

giphy.gif

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
AvP: R had such a good premise, I really loved the idea of but a Predator "cleaner". But then they dummied it into one of the worst films ever.
This one doesn't even have that going for it.

It was also unwatchable IMO as the movie was so damn dark you couldn't see what the hell was going on at parts and the editing sucked

Reactions: sigma six

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Predators is the only one of the sequels I enjoyed. Had a great cast and it took the franchise in some new, interesting directions.

While the trailers for this new one admittedly don't look great, it has the Shane Black effect which gives me hope.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
"Before you see The Predator, re-visit the Predator... that's never been improved on in its sequels."

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
After having seen it last night, I can confirm it was a movie. Furthermore, I am fairly sure some people earned a salary while making said movie.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
tenor.gif

It's not an embarrassment or anything, but I expected better and I'm never gonna watch it again.

The attempts at humour consistently landed with a thud, it was kind of a sackless action movie, and none of the characters were likable. Pacing and action were alright.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So its not as good as original what about Predator 2?

I have always felt the hate for Predator 2 was more backlash for no Arnold then anything else and that on its own its a good horror/scifi sequel

Its not doing too well at box office. Will still be #1 but is far below what studio and experts thought it would be

Many are comparing it financially to something like The Mummy (Cruise version) which was disappointment financially

In this films case it likely will struggle to reach even that at box office in final run given they don't have Tom Cruise name to carry it even when its not good

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So its not as good as original what about Predator 2?

I have always felt the hate for Predator 2 was more backlash for no Arnold then anything else and that on its own its a good horror/scifi sequel

Its not doing too well at box office. Will still be #1 but is far below what studio and experts thought it would be

Many are comparing it financially to something like The Mummy (Cruise version) which was disappointment financially

In this films case it likely will struggle to reach even that at box office in final run given they don't have Tom Cruise name to carry it even when its not good

The thing is, it's like other Shane Black movies. Have you seen many of them, like you know how The Last Boy Scout starts with Billy Blanks shooting other football players? This movie is a lot like that in the way its tone is presented. I don't know how to compare it to the other Predator movies because it's totally different than what they are. The main plot point is also deliberately stupid and ridiculous, because that's what Black does. The problem is that in this case it seems a lot of people either don't get it, didn't want a Predator movie to be like this, or think that his story totally whiffed and the big joke of it all didn't really land. I liked this because it felt like an 80's movie, if not a Predator one.

I generally do like his movies, but after the scandal that is entirely of his own creation, I think most of his hopeful projects will get shelved.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I don't get the hate for Predator 2 or Predators.

Predator 2 is a fun movie that adds more action and more everything. It also expanded upon Yautja society.

Predators is better than Predator 2. I liked the addition of the other Predator clan. Good acting, good action and well paced. Also, we got a legitimate Predator/Human sword fight.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Predator 2 has always gotten flak not because it's such a bad movie, but because it's just nowhere near as awesome as the original. It's also never helped that the Alien and Terminator franchises both did have second entries that were as awesome as the first. We were treated to Aliens and Terminator 2, which exceeded all expectations... and then there was Predator 2. It's certainly watchable and somewhat enjoyable, but it's certainly not something that anyone comes back to watch again and again, dozens of times throughout their life, like Predator, Aliens and Terminator 2.

This was the worst predator movie, worse than the avp movies.

I find it awfully hard to believe that it's worse than AvP: Requiem. All that they needed to do was light the predator just enough so that we could tell what it is and it would be instantly better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad