The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
As a fan of both teams, I cringed when the Jets signed him. Like WTF hard cringe. He's made an incredible turn around so far. Great to see it.
Can we get anymore Edmonton cast offs? We could use a D if they have any.

Reactions: GNP

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Can we get anymore Edmonton cast offs? We could use a D if they have any.

Not really. Closest would be Matt Benning. He is totally shell shocked to start the season. Not sure, but might be due to him being the team's 2nd best RD and not being ready for that. A bit like how Justin Shultz was when he left.(not the same type guy) He's played well in the past and might be worth a try as a cast-off if 1 of Trouba or Meyers moves on next season.

Not saying it's a good idea but he is the Oilers' comeback-after-being traded contestant this year.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Last year after 12 games we had 7 wins - same as this year. It's a long season and even though we know we're not playing as good as we can, the talent on this team is obvious.

I'm confident we'll take both games in Helsinki and go up from there.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
One of the most important elements of a winning team or playoff team is great Goaltending, and we have 2 great ones. Helle played good against TO, and is starting to find last years form, and our backup Brossoit looks fantastic.

We know what kind of team we have here, and once we get our scoring going we'll be very tough to beat and also make a deep playoff push in the 2018-2019 season.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
WE were the better ream vs the Leafs for about 50 minutes, so there is that.
Agreed, credit where credit is due the Leafs did what we did often last season battled back and stole the game.
The winner was placed perfectly.
We’re going to be just fine.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
One more win on this trip and I’ll get over the Toronto loss :D
Why hold on to one loss? We are 8th in point% and they are 11th and we play in different conferences. Unless you are all about a hate on for the Leafs why does it really matter?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
On pace for 99 points which is about what I predicted for this season despite not having our A or B game going yet. I believe we might still be battling a bit of a hang over from our first long emotional playoff run. Once that clears I think we see the team pick it up a bit after game 20. :crossfing

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
On pace for 99 points which is about what I predicted for this season despite not having our A or B game going yet. I believe we might still be battling a bit of a hang over from our first long emotional playoff run. Once that clears I think we see the team pick it up a bit after game 20. :crossfing
Agreed. What I think we are really are waiting for is for Helly to get back to his last season groove.

Reactions: ps241

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Agreed. What I think we are really are waiting for is for Helly to get back to his last season groove.

On a positive note, goaltending has been much better than eg. 5-on-5 play in general. Brossoit playing great, Helle playing good.

Goaltenders have stolen us already a couple of undeserved wins.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
We have a lot of time to get back on track and Moose have good players which we can try at NHL level.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If Helle is having a bad year, and slumping, we have a great replacement in Brossoit, and this may have to be deployed-he's very very good. We are in good shape so far, at 8-5-2 and well positioned to go on a winning streak. :thumbu:

Last edited:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Could we see Petan - Copp - Roslovic on Friday night? There would be a lot of offensive upside to that line.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Could we see Petan - Copp - Roslovic on Friday night? There would be a lot of offensive upside to that line.

I like the look of that group but it’s tough for any line to get going with 5 minutes of ice time.

Reactions: GNP

Caffeine

Apr 27, 2017
Petrozavodsk
Jets players went after last nights game to restaurant and afterwards several players went to bar. Thought you guys would be interested to see these pics. Found this from finnish trash newspaper.

Attachments

• Scheifele.jpg
    Scheifele.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Myers.jpg
    Myers.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Ehlers.jpg
    Ehlers.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 38
  • taxi.jpg
    taxi.jpg