The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't know about others but I'm kind of liking the sky is falling vibe that has set in across this board. I love that after a conference final appearance and being above 500 - 6 games in there is already a tank thread. Kind of makes things real for us long time Jets fans. If we were on cruise control with everything clicking in mid October I'd be waiting for something catastrophic to happen. Now I'm in my comfort zone. Looking forward to the Canucks game tomorrow and the roller coaster taking a sharp up turn for a couple days.

I got a kick out of the "the Jets are...bad" thread on the main boards today because there were people from other fanbases coming in and mocking the OP, saying it's so early and the Jets still have a winning record, even some Calgary fans were chirping him. Gives some good perspective of how the rest of the league has a healthy respect for the team (except for the Toronto fanbase).

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't know about others but I'm kind of liking the sky is falling vibe that has set in across this board. I love that after a conference final appearance and being above 500 - 6 games in there is already a tank thread. Kind of makes things real for us long time Jets fans. If we were on cruise control with everything clicking in mid October I'd be waiting for something catastrophic to happen. Now I'm in my comfort zone. Looking forward to the Canucks game tomorrow and the roller coaster taking a sharp up turn for a couple days.

Good post Bogo -- but I hope "nobody" is taking the Canucks lightly. They won their last 2 games on the road against tough opponents. I believe they just beat Pittsburgh, so the Jets will have their hands full. This Vancouver team has really caught my eye and pocketbook, as I bet against them the last 2 games. They are without their # 1 center for Thursday's game against the Jets--Petterson, I believe his name is. He's very good.

This will be no blowout --it likely will be a "one goal game"--unless the Jet's get hot.

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So if the season ended today we would be in the 1st wildcard spot. Based on winning % of the division leaders we would cross over to the Pacific and play the Ducks in the 1st round. Not the worst of outcomes but I'm guessing we finish higher.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
BhI12Bi.png

I'm positive that with Little more effort the X-mas present to PoMo will be ready in time. :)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Arizona is a better team than they get credit for. They can wear you down and have great sticks and break up a lot of passes. Clayton Keller also a great young player, he has a dangerous shot as we saw.

Therefore I was quite pleased with the win tonight

I certainly agree with this post, and if Arizona had a couple good snipers like Connor, and a Scheiffele they would be a real force and a contender for top spot in the division. They are only a couple pieces away. They have a good Goalie in Raanta, so they need just a couple forwards, or "one" great one. They do hustle hard, and play as a team--they impress me.

Last edited:

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Loads of points and still a lot of room for improvement. Not a bad situation to have I guess.

I'm really excited about lineup chances even if I had tried a bit different ones myself. Looking forward to the next game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->