The Positivity Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Hey, I've got Galchenyuk in both my keepers league, that's a big upgrade. :D

Anyway, I've got a feeling we're going to see a lot of positive in the new tank thread next season.

Reactions: Peanut

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Additions ? :sarcasm:
Screenshot_20180718-153613_Facebook.jpg

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
since its the positivity thread...

The habs are going to dissapoint many of us when they are much better than everyone thinks.

Price will come back with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

The teams young forwards are going to allow them to play with a ton of speed. The offense is going to be better than expected because of how fast they are going to be.

The defense is going to be more mobile then people are expecting with Mete/Julsen/Valiav/Reilly/Despres/Oullette getting chances. And of them will take the oppurtunity and break out.

Price will keep the team a flot and in December Weber will return which will give the team a huge boost.

I see them somehow finishing 2nd in the east. A lot of teams will be taking the habs lightly this year and it will be to late by the time they realize that the habs shouldn't be taking lightly.

Remember just my POSTIVIE thoughts.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

The habs are going to dissapoint many of us when they are much better than everyone thinks.

The teams young forwards are going to allow them to play with a ton of speed. The offense is going to be better than expected because of how fast they are going to be.

The defense is going to be more mobile then people are expecting with Mete/Julsen/Valiav/Reilly/Despres/Oullette getting chances. And of them will take the oppurtunity and break out.

Price will keep the team a flot and in December Weber will return which will give the team a huge boost.

I see them somehow finishing 2nd in the east. A lot of teams will be taking the habs lightly this year and it will be to late by the time they realize that the habs shouldn't be taking lightly.

I agree I've seen mediocre habs squads squeeze into the playoffs. If Carey has a decent season the possibility is real RIP

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

It is? lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree that if you're going to contribute in this thread, leave the negative stuff out.

I'll go with Bouchard and Ducharme. Particularly bullish about seeing how Bouchard handles development. And that Laval team should be fun to watch this year.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
This team will surprise quite a few next year IMO, they will be in the mix for a PO spot.

How is that positive?

At this point, with this line-up, the only thing that would be positive is the very last place. Battling and failing for a playoffs spot would be the worst thing that can happen.

With the worst centers and probably worst or inexperienced d-squad in the league, we shouldn't aim for a playoffs spot.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How is that positive?

At this point, with this line-up, the only thing that would be positive is the very last place. Battling and failing for a playoffs spot would be the worst thing that can happen.

With the worst centers and probably worst or inexperienced d-squad in the league, we shouldn't aim for a playoffs spot.
Well, I don't think that's how it works...

You could hope for the last spot but I think they'll do a lot better, and if Price decides he's the best goalie in the world again then forget your tanking thing...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

You could hope for the last spot but I think they'll do a lot better, and if Price decides he's the best goalie in the world again then forget your tanking thing...

We'll just have to see if Shea Weber decides he wants to be a 60pt Norris finalist, Karl Alzner decides he wants to be a 50 pt 24 minute per night first pairing defenceman, and Tomas Plekanec decides he feels like being a 60pt 19 minute per night centerman.

I'm not sure which of these is the most unlikely lol.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Don't see much positive with the actual team, BUT, I like our last 3 drafts, like, a lot.

We still need a top 5 pick in 2019 for us to compete, for real, eventually, but at least we'll have quality depth and probably a couple surprises in a couple years.

And damn we need depth...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We'll just have to see if Shea Weber decides he wants to be a 60pt Norris finalist, Karl Alzner decides he wants to be a 50 pt 24 minute per night first pairing defenceman, and Tomas Plekanec decides he feels like being a 60pt 19 minute per night centerman.

I'm not sure which of these is the most unlikely lol.
I don't even think we need those things to happen, to be honest.

I was crunching some numbers lately and Jeff Petry got 28 points in the second part of the season(41 games), that's 56 points per season pace...

I have a feeling this guy is just entering his prime at 30 years old...

Alzner was not signed to put up points so I don't know what's your point there...

And then again you keep mentioning all the older players but completely ignoring guys like Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Armia, Domi, Drouin who could explode...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

We have one of the worst line up in the league. The positive thing is to respect that logic and end up where we should end up. Price playing like MVP and gives us the 9th place is nothing positive. We'd be overacheiving because of ONE player again.

But that's what you want right? Give it to us at the end of the year and say : "SEE we weren't that bad!!! We finished 9th instead of 15th.. This team is in good hand! Future looks great!! MB is a great leader and GM."

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We have one of the worst line up in the league. The positive thing is to respect that logic and end up where we should end up. Price playing like MVP and gives us the 9th place is nothing positive. We'd be overacheiving because of ONE player again.

But that's what you want right? Give it to us at the end of the year and say : "SEE we weren't that bad!!! We finished 9th instead of 15th.. This team is in good hand! Future looks great!! MB is a great leader and GM."

Can you tell me why exactly we have one of the worst lineups in the league?

How are you measuring this?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I’d be a little more positive if they trade Max for a young, mobile LD. Then at least they can have a fast team. They’ll suck, but it’ll be fun to watch.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Can you tell me why exactly we have one of the worst lineups in the league?

How are you measuring this?

We are already a bad team with Weber and Pacioretty and there's a very good chance that both of them won't start the season with us.

If MB say that the season was lost after the first 15-20 games... You think with the absence of our best D and best goal scorer, we'd somehow be better? Come on man.

All of you predictions are based "if". You expect the stars of the whole universe to be aligned.

Just look at our centers, compare it to other teams, where do you place us.
Do the same thing with our D and compare it to other teams.

A team with the worst Cs and arguably the worst defense squad for over 1/3 of the season is easily one of the worst team in the league.
And without Pacioretty, our wings is not that good either.

It feels like something you only have tunnel vision on the Habs. There are other teams in the league too. There are prospect, rookies ready to explode too.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't even think we need those things to happen, to be honest.

I was crunching some numbers lately and Jeff Petry got 28 points in the second part of the season(41 games), that's 56 points per season pace...

I have a feeling this guy is just entering his prime at 30 years old...

Alzner was not signed to put up points so I don't know what's your point there...

And then again you keep mentioning all the older players but completely ignoring guys like Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Armia, Domi, Drouin who could explode...

The overall point was that the year in which Carey Price ''decided'' he was the best goaltender on earth, he actually had an excellent supporting cast. That was the last year Plekanec looked anything like a 1B center, P.K. was a norris finalist, Markov had an excellent year, Pacioretty had his most productive year ever and finished top 10 in Selke voting. It's essentially a myth that Carey Price can have the impact that is often said of him: he can drag teams to 100 point finishes. He didn't drag that team anywhere.

And while I like all these players you mention they are all, for the moment, magic beans. Every team has promising young players. Every team in the whole league. However, only 16 teams make the playoffs, and only 3 spots are guaranteed for each division. Just saying a list of names and saying ''they could explode'' as reasoning for why we'll finish in or even near a playoff spot is just silliness.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
And while I like all these players you mention they are all, for the moment, magic beans. Every team has promising young players. Every team in the whole league. However, only 16 teams make the playoffs, and only 3 spots are guaranteed for each division. Just saying a list of names and saying ''they could explode'' as reasoning for why we'll finish in or even near a playoff spot is just silliness.

They're more than magic beans though... We're not talking about some unknown/green rookies here...

There's some serious potential on that roster IMO, we might not agree on what will happen but you can't ignore the fact that it's possible some of those players take the next step and improve significantly next season...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
They're more than magic beans though... We're not talking about some unknown/green rookies here...

There's some serious potential on that roster IMO, we might not agree on what will happen but you can't ignore the fact that it's possible some of those players take the next step and improve significantly next season...

They are magic beans. For all but two of them, expecting something like a top 6 player is expecting something that they've never done before. That's fine on its own. It's fine to say that Lehkonen needs to keep playing the way he's playing and he might end up scoring a lot of goals. It's fine to say that putting Hudon at center with his shooting ability could pay dividends. It's fine to say that Armia was actually really productive given his ice time last, and therefore with a greater opportunity he might be really productive in an absolute sense. In fact, I've made all of these arguments elsewhere on this forum.

Saying that these question marks puts us in any sort of playoff considerations, though, is just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad