The Playoff Avatar Thread - Vote in the poll!

Best playoff avatars?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
I honestly don't even remember what last year's were for us. I just remember ditching mine after we lost G2 to fall down 0-2 to Columbus which seemed to work (of course it did), and unless we have something magical this year I'm never getting rid of my current one.
It was the Tom Wilson inspired "unmasking NHL villains" avatars.

Can't blame you for not wanting to ditch your current one. That's a moment I'll never forget.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
If I get an apology from your posters who called us a farm team, I'll sign as a UFA.

You could have an apology, Or you could have this...

1dAy8DH.gif

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This has come up a few times so here are some tips for making playoff avatars work on Xenforo:

1. The size in posts is 96x96, despite being allowed to upload bigger dimensions than that most people will never see the larger file(seen on your profile page). Save yourself some space and upload 96x96.

2. There's an unfortunate thing where the system will auto-resize your file after upload to conform to the site's standards, there's nothing we can do about it. So if you upload a file on the edge of the size limit it may end up too big when you actually try it.

3. The resizing generally occurs when the dimensions are abnormal, so if your avatar is 100x100 it might get resized. Leave it 96x96 or 192x192(the larger size, if you have the space for it)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Is it just me or are playoff avatars losing their popularity?

I love the Tampa ones, but it seems most of the other fanbases are apathetic or can't agree on a theme.

I figure a lot of it is how the internet has developed and how memes are communicated that multi-panel gifs aren't as good as they once were, changing demographics among the boards, or perhaps just fanbases getting tired with them after so many years. Or maybe "why bother coming up with a fancy theme when X is favored to knock us off in a week?", Etc

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Is it just me or are playoff avatars losing their popularity?

I love the Tampa ones, but it seems most of the other fanbases are apathetic or can't agree on a theme.

I figure a lot of it is how the internet has developed and how memes are communicated that multi-panel gifs aren't as good as they once were, changing demographics among the boards, or perhaps just fanbases getting tired with them after so many years. Or maybe "why bother coming up with a fancy theme when X is favored to knock us off in a week?", Etc
A lot of it is time. We started hashing out ideas in December/January because we were clearly in at that point. And frankly we have one dude who makes them all, so whatever discussion we have, ultimately he's deciding what we use.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I haven`t used a playoff avatar since the good old B.W.O seizure inducing ones( mods banned them, :laugh:) from like 15ish years ago, but some of the newer ones are well done and certainly worthy. :thumbu:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Haha.
You`ve probably noticed a lot of accounts started shortly after the great abortion :sarcasm:......oops, i of course meant the great migration. ;)

I've noticed a LOT of things on here over the past few years.

And your name def sounded familiar which was why your "new" join date stood out to me lol

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I've noticed a LOT of things on here over the past few years.

And your name def sounded familiar which was why your "new" join date stood out to me lol
It was leaflover before but due to technical difficulties i actually had to open a new account to communicate to mods or admin that i was unable to log into that account. Then i decided I preferred this username. :laugh:

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
The Tampa Bay / New York Ranger one is amazing.

Hope to see plenty of Rangers fans rock it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00