The Player or Team that could use the Stanley Cup the most now?

FlyerMatt

May 7, 2018
I am a bit biased but I say the Flyers (despite 2 championships for other Philly teams in the last 10 years). Many Flyers fans (such as me) have never seen them win a Cup. And therefore I would choose captain Giroux as the player. He's not an extrovert, but I know how much we wants it.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Lots of deserving players/teams. San Jose for me personally. They’ve had a ton of good teams and are very likeable from a western-conference-neutral fan.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Team: Oilers
Fans have literally been through hell, and have stuck with them through the worst playoff drought in NHL history.
Edmonton has THE most loyal fans on the planet bar none. Sellout streak never ended. (It ended in Toronto BTW).

Player: McDavid
They should just rename the Oilers to the Edmonton McDavids at this point.

Good one pal :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Stamkos and the Lightning. They have been to 3 7 game ECF in the last 4 years and 0 cups. They have 1 within the last 15 years so we can say that they dont NEED one but this group deserves 1 after all the games they have played in the last 4 years. They didnt win the cup in 04.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Player: Toews

Now that Crosby has tied him, Toews needs to oneup him to remind the league and its fans who the better player is

Team: Blackhawks

Toews does play for the Hawks after all. Most dynasties have went back to back at some point, so the Hawks badly need to in order to be considered one of the all time great dynasties.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Now that Crosby has tied him, Toews needs to oneup him to remind the league and its fans who the better player is

Toews does play for the Hawks after all. Most dynasties have went back to back at some point, so the Hawks badly need to in order to be considered one of the all time great dynasties.
Gross lol.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
The Blues have been to the Cup final multiple times, immediately after entering the league as an expansion team.
My mistake, you are correct. Had no idea the Blues did so well in their formative years. It's been almost 50 years since though, so I still think a Stanley Cup finals appearance/victory would do wonders for that franchise.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Team Toronto
Not sure how anyone cannot see that this franchise and fan base need it more then any team by far
Player Henrik Lundqvist
Will always have that * next to his name without a Cup in discussions about his rank as an all time goaltender. Sure is looking bleak
Legitimately these were my next 2 choices. I was going back and forth on Toronto and St Louis, but then I thought about it and with the Leafs still having the 2nd most Cups in NHL history, decided to go with the Blues.

Lundqvist has been elite since the day he arrived in the NHL, would love to see him raise a Cup to earn his rightful place as one of the best goalies of his era.

Reactions: Klaus3154

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
The Leafs AINEC, St Louis would definitely be nice and their fans deserve it, but cmon, no one comes CLOSE to the Leafs fandom and we've suffered a ton over the last 50 years:
Ballard years
Gilmour high stick
Sundin era fizzling out as we just missed out on top names that would've put us over the top
Some of the worst signings and drafting post lockout

And we have Marleau to boot, so we get too birds stoned at once.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017

To be fair, even if Toews won 10 stanley cups in a row he wouldn't be in the same hemisphere as Crosby.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
My team the Flyers

Our Cup losses
76 to the Habs - started their dynasty.
80 to the Isles - started their dynasty
85 to the Oilers
87 to the Oilers - took them to game 7 with a host of injuries including not having their best goal scorer, Tim Kerr
97 to the Red Wings - started their dynasty
2010 to the Black hawks - started their dynasty

other notable disappointments
The entire Lindros era, every spring there was hope only to end in disappointment

1986 - They were the best team in the league but then Pelle Lindbergh died in an auto accident. They were emotionally spent by the playoffs and lost in a huge upset. Edmonton did not make the Finals. IF Lindbergh had not died I believe 100% they win the cup in 86.

1989 - ECF lost to Monteal
1995 - ECF lost to DEvils - started their dynasty.
1996 - 2nd round loss to Florida. That loss has always bothered me because they seemed to primed at the beginning of the playoffs to make a serious cup run. very disappointing.
2000 - ECF to DEvils, blow a 3 vs. 1 series lead. Lindros Ko'd by Stevens in game 7. End of Lindros era, horrible way for it to end. Probably would have won cup if they hadn't blown the series.
2004 - ECF to Lightning in 7 games. THis may be the worst of it all for me. They were as good as any team that season, too many defensive injuries to beat Tampa. probably would have won the finals.

There was another ECF to pittsburgh in 2008 but I had low expectations that series.

I would argue since 1976 the Flyers easily have had the worst luck in the league. Who the hell losses 6 times to dynasties in the finals and starts off 4 of them? not to mention starting off the Devils 3 cup run in 1995.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

This is satire right?

Reactions: DaveG

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Henrik Lundqvist

Very few players more valuable to their team and franchise then he's been to the Rangers. He had teams that were good enough from 2012-2015 but that's about it. He's had to carry the franchise and some really mediocre teams for the most part. Never complained about it.

Reactions: OnlyRevolutions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad