The Player or Team that could use the Stanley Cup the most now?

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
I am from NY so I am unbiased but you have to realize how different we are from Toronto. Hockey is everything. It is baseball, football, basketball and hockey combined. Toronto lives, breathes and dies with hockey. I am sure St Louis is much like NY in that less then 10% of the population actually care about hockey. Granted that 10% is as passionate as anything but it is culture up in Canada. In America, most citizens aren’t even aware there is a hockey team in their city.
The fact that Toronto has won before is irrelevant. Seriously what % of Toronto fans have seen a championship. It isn’t the same.
With that being said I always respected the Blues organization and would be happy to see you guys win a Cup. Best of luck

Uhm. 10%? In St. Louis? I've lived in NYC, Mom was from Toronto, and I'm back in STL.

10% is waaaayyyy off the mark.

A parade down Market Street - just ONE - is deserved by a large and loyal fanbase.

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
Henrik Lundqvist IMO

An interesting thought: If the Sedins come back to work for the Canucks, then maybe they'll get a chance to win the Stanley Cup. This can also go for former NHL players like Alfredsson, Doan, etc.

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
This is just such a dumb argument to begin with, the only team that "deserves" to win the cup is the team that actually wins 4 rounds in the playoffs IMO.

Have to say tho, it's comical that you're claiming a team that has 13 cups has had less playoff success than a team that's won 0.

Yeah the Blues have made the playoffs more than the leafs since 1967. However, what does St. Louis have to show for all their "playoff success"? Since 1970, the leafs have actually been to twice as many conference/division finals (6) than the Blues have (3). I would argue that the anguish of making the playoffs 25 straight years and 42 out of 51 years overall, yet only even making it to the conference finals THREE times since 1970 (losing all 3) is a peculiar type of hell that transcends the size or fervor of any fanbase.

I also don't see what producing NHL talent has to do with this discussion at all, but whatever.

Yeah, I read thru some of his wiki page and it's not...good. :laugh:

Depends on how you define deserve, do you want no rights in society because "no one deserves anything except what they take?"

How many cups have we won in the last 50 years?

Yeah ofc you don't, Tornto is a Hockey city, it's a religion here, we also produce a ton of NHL talent for which we get nothing from. So Torontonian effort is for the pure love of the game and nothing to do with benefiting the city (yw for Petro btw).

You don't have as many fans as we do, your fans aren't as crazy about the sport as we are, you do not produce a ton and get nothing in return like we do for players that were developed in Toronto and Ontario's systems and in the past 50 years, we've failed way harder than St Louis considering the resources we've had to play with.

Or maybe we don't because back when most of even our front office (never mind our team) wasn't born yet, we won a cup.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
As a Blues fan I can only empathize with a couple of fan bases that also have never won a Cup. The rest of you can **** off with the exception of Leaf fans who are tied with the Blues for longest Cup less drought which I do acknowledge as long suffering and deserving of sympathy.

So Sabres fans, Canucks fans.... I salute you and wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Depends on how you define deserve, do you want no rights in society because "no one deserves anything except what they take?"

How many cups have we won in the last 50 years?

Yeah ofc you don't, Tornto is a Hockey city, it's a religion here, we also produce a ton of NHL talent for which we get nothing from. So Torontonian effort is for the pure love of the game and nothing to do with benefiting the city (yw for Petro btw).

You don't have as many fans as we do, your fans aren't as crazy about the sport as we are, you do not produce a ton and get nothing in return like we do for players that were developed in Toronto and Ontario's systems and in the past 50 years, we've failed way harder than St Louis considering the resources we've had to play with.

Or maybe we don't because back when most of even our front office (never mind our team) wasn't born yet, we won a cup.
How many cups have the leafs won in the last 50 years? The exact same amount as the Blues have won. How many conference/division finals have the leafs been to in the last 50 years? Twice as many as the Blues.

Blah blah hockey mecca, blah blah religion. blah blah rabid fan base. I've literally never before seen producing NHL players used as an argument in favor of deserving something that has not been earned...so I guess this hasn't been a complete waste of time!

Just kidding, it's been a complete waste of time. Until they start actually handing out the cup based on who "deserves" it most, this whole argument is dumb. :eyeroll:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad