Line Combos: The PK

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
No, we still had three units, Bylsma would just yank one of the forwards to throw out Adams Glass or Dupuis when he was available, again. I'm not gonna deny that Bylsma used the units idiotically but there was still three.

You said there aren't two main pk pairs. There absolutely are.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Well, can I see where these stats came from? I pulled up a random boston game and 6 forwards all got >3 minutes of shorthanded. I have no idea where to find full season averages for stats like that but if I had to guess, that may have been a Bylsma thing and I was wrong. I can't keep track of all the craziness he did.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well, can I see where these stats came from? I pulled up a random boston game and 6 forwards all got >3 minutes of shorthanded. I have no idea where to find full season averages for stats like that but if I had to guess, that may have been a Bylsma thing and I was wrong. I can't keep track of all the craziness he did.

NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....imeOnIce&status=A&team=PIT&viewName=timeOnIce

looking at other teams, it does seem like Disco was going against the norm.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
considering mj likes an aggressive pk, i'm pretty sure we'll return to the league norm

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Again: there are not two PK pairs. There are not two "main" PK pairs. There are three. Even Bylsma used three units while cramming Gladams out there for as long as possible.

what is with your infatuation that poeple post 3 units?

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
I dunno I guess I like it when people make sense. And a lot of people are acting in a "see no room for Crosby or Malkin" way when they're saying it.

How is listing the top 4 penalty killers not making sense. As shown by historical data, the team typically has between 4 and 5 forwards that are head and shoulders above everyone else in SH TOI.

I didnt see a post about how there isn't room for Crosby when someone stated that the pens will only employ 4 penalty killers, can you show me that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad