OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Watt was that, Tomlin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Terrible-Towel-Steelers.jpg

I know next to nothing about football. So feel free to suggest a title or different picture.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
we need to clean up a LOT. But a win's a win I guess. At least we have a stellar coaching staff to fix these issues. Surely they will hold the players accountable for mistakes and stupid penalties. Actually no, that's a waste of time. They did nothing wrong, the refs just tried to screw us.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Win's a win. Nice debut for Watt. It's going to take a few games for Bryant to get back into form. Same for Bell.

Penalties :rant: Call on Pouncey near the end was questionable. Defenseless receiver calls sort of like Goaltender interference in hockey. Seem to err on the side of calling it, but maybe not.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
we need to clean up a LOT. But a win's a win I guess. At least we have a stellar coaching staff to fix these issues. Surely they will hold the players accountable for mistakes and stupid penalties. Actually no, that's a waste of time. They did nothing wrong, the refs just tried to screw us.

I think most of the penalties called on the Steelers were deserved, but if they are going to call holding that much on the Steelers, don't ignore it when the Browns do it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tomlin teams gonna Tomlin.

Undisciplined and unprepared. Same old...

Good thing it was a one win team playing with a rookie Qb starting his first pro game ever.

The thing that bothers me the most though, is I called out the exact drive BR would throw his pick. You can just kind of feel it coming with him on the road. He really has to fix his road woes and overcome them because the coaching isn't going to improve any time soon.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

I'm sure you could justify all of the penalties from the Refs POV. But to the fan, all of those flags both ways make the sport nearly impossible to watch.

It wasn't always this way in the NFL. I no longer react to big plays anymore, I wait for 5 seconds to see if there's a flag that was thrown. A lot of joy of watching football is gone in the NFL and the league doesn't seem to care. It used to be I would watch 6 more hours of football after a Steelers win, not now. I'm watch a Departed rerun and I have seen this average movie at least 5 times already.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Tomlin teams gonna Tomlin.

Undisciplined and unprepared. Same old...

Good thing it was a one win team playing with a rookie Qb starting his first pro game ever.

The thing that bothers me the most though, is I called out the exact drive BR would throw his pick. You can just kind of feel it coming with him on the road. He really has to fix his road woes and overcome them because the coaching isn't going to improve any time soon.

Part of the problem is that starters don't really play in the pre-season, which was exacerbated by Bell being out all of camp. The other part is just a continuation of Steelers playing down to the level of the competition and being undisciplined under Tomlin, so yeah, same old . . .

By the way, I thought Shazier was outstanding today, along with Watt. I do have to say it was refreshing not watching Cockrell chase WRs around the field today.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm sure you could justify all of the penalties from the Refs POV. But to the fan, all of those flags both ways make the sport nearly impossible to watch.

It wasn't always this way in the NFL. I no longer react to big plays anymore, I wait for 5 seconds to see if there's a flag that was thrown. A lot of joy of watching football is gone in the NFL and the league doesn't seem to care. It used to be I would watch 6 more hours of football after a Steelers win, not now. I'm watch a Departed rerun and I have seen this average movie at least 5 times already.

The Departed is average?

The ****?

Sorry

May 18, 2005
The Departed is average?

The ****?

Lost me when the script condescended to the audience about not knowing what microprocessors are. Yes, Martin, we all know what transistors are, sorry if you don't.

And besides that, the whole movie seems forced anyways. Almost like it's an overhyped remake or something...

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I mean, you can pick at the script and plot holes in any movie, and if that's your thing to do, then good luck finding a movie you like in the last 25 years or so. But the absolutely terrific acting and subtle nuances of each character that really make them come alive separates that movie apart for me.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I mean, you can pick at the script and plot holes in any movie, and if that's your thing to do, then good luck finding a movie you like in the last 25 years or so.But the absolutely terrific acting and subtle nuances of each character that really make them come alive separates that movie apart for me.

Baby Driver, it came out this summer.

Which character in The Departed is nuanced? They're all paint by numbers, one dimensional, characters. Seriously, I could probably describe each character in that movie with one word.

Last edited:

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Baby Driver, it came out this summer.

Which character in The Departed is nuanced? They're all paint by numbers, one dimensional, characters. Seriously, I could probably describe each character in that movie with one word.

I mean, Baby Driver is a movie you that you have to really buy into the premise of the movie, and once you do, sure it's fun. But if you can't buy into a teenage savant getaway driver then it's kinda silly :P But ya, great movie.

And IDK, the off the top of my head, the fact that Sullivan (Damon) and Frank Costello (Nicholson) are both the one of the same, including their infertility and the fact they were both probably diddled by priests as kids - which is why it's deeply personal to Sullivan when there was even a hint of betrayal by Frank.

Either way, to each their own, just not average to me :popcorn: Also, going to the 10 oclock showing of IT tonight. High hopes!

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Once again, in Ben stays healthy, I think AB can get 2,000 yards.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Once again, in Ben stays healthy, I think AB can get 2,000 yards.

If they both stay healthy, AB breaks every single receiving record this season. Another big thing is that other guys need to prove to be a threat. The more threats we have the less they focus on AB. The less they focus on AB the more he will destroy teams. We have the ability to get to that point, even though we weren't there today.

143 receptions is the record and for 2000 yards, that's 14 yards per catch which falls right in line with what Brown usually puts up.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I liked The Departed 100x more than Baby Driver. Anyway Schefter is reporting Tuitt may have torn his bicep which would end his season.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If they both stay healthy, AB breaks every single receiving record this season. Another big thing is that other guys need to prove to be a threat. The more threats we have the less they focus on AB. The less they focus on AB the more he will destroy teams. We have the ability to get to that point, even though we weren't there today.

143 receptions is the record and for 2000 yards, that's 14 yards per catch which falls right in line with what Brown usually puts up.

Julio is better. So if he stays healthy with Ryan. I think he breaks all the records. :laugh: i bet both will be neck and neck this year for 2K.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Tj Watt is Marky Mark in the Departed. Stone cold killer.

Also Departed is a great movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad