GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers do even more Steeler-like things

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I mean after last night they couldn’t possibly employ that same defensive scheme if they meet again :sarcasm:

tenor.gif

Reactions: SouthGeorge

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It is going to be sad seeing them do the same game plan against the pats in a few weeks.

No, if history repeats itself, first as tragedy and then as farce, I'm pretty sure it will be Benny Hill level comedy when go LB on WR against the Pats.

Reactions: Andy99

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I’m reading stuff from the pressers that imply Chargers staff was basically laughing at Steeler’s D coverage.
Really?

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It is going to be sad seeing them do the same game plan against the pats in a few weeks.

This is why Brady constantly picks up apart...we just do what we do, which is let players like Edelman set up in a little hitch route and set up in the middle of the field for a completion, or Gronk between the zone....we rarely scheme up anything because apparently our defensive players (or coaches) are too stupid to learn anything else...unlike NE’s defense...

If they come out after the tenth time playing NE and do not play NE man to man with pressure up the middle I’m going to burst a blood vessel...

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Full disclosure -I thought we held onto Bylsma way too long, should have dumped him after the PHL debacle.
I think the same thing is happening w Tomlin.

Hear all the same shrieks from local media (DB - “fastest to 200!” /MT - “Never had a losing season!”)

Well Dan “will have a job 30 secs after he leaves Pittsburgh” Bylsma sat on his arse for a year , then went to the worst team in the league and got fired by a teenager.

Sometimes people figure out what kind of clothes the emperor is wearing.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Actually peeps, since we’re talking about all this....what would be the best adjustment to manage Allen being moved to the slot. Do we just say F-It and perhaps have Haden shadow him? I listen to local media decry LBs in covg. Kaboly was on DVE early and said the game ended when poor Bostwick was tossed out to cover Allen on the late 3rd down conversion....
What is the alternative? What would Belichek do?

We have one of the best slot corners in the league in Hilton which makes Bostic being on him even more bizarre.

Reactions: Brandinho and TNT87

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
We have one of the best slot corners in the league in Hilton which makes Bostic being on him even more bizarre.

Yeah. Again, is this not why we lose important games to teams w good coaches? Our coaching/schemes are....dumb?....

But Tomlin always makes the playoffs!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Something about standards.

Something about getting to game.

Ummm Steelers football.

Lower body injury.

Gotta play better.

Is that enough to fill a press conference or do I need more.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Ummm Steelers football.

Lower body injury.

Gotta play better.

Fruitless to hold the refs accountable for their horrible calls

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Ummm Steelers football.

Lower body injury.

Gotta play better.

If need be, you can repeat yourself if there's still time to fill. BUT, I don't see why that would be necessary . . . plenty of more material available from the random cliche generator.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If need be, you can repeat yourself if there's still time to fill. BUT, I don't see why that would be necessary . . . plenty of more material available from the random cliche generator.

It's kinda cool that you can simply substitute 'Penguins' for 'Steelers' and it can be a Sully press conference.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's kinda cool that you can simply substitute 'Penguins' for 'Steelers' and it can be a Sully press conference.

You need to say “be hard to play against”at least twice in the press conference...otherwise they’re close...

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

It is now official, Urban Meyer is 'retiring' at Ohio State (ie, taking a year off before unretiring again for another job) right after the Rose Bowl.

I can go back to being indifferent about Ohio State and no longer despising them.

Last edited:

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Right?

The steelers LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Zone coverage.

There are certain teams that adjust to beat it like LA did. Then there are teams whose scheme already eats it up to begin with. NE, NO etc etc.

Yet no matter how many times NE has ate up our Zone Scheme we continue to go back to it the next time we play them.

I think one of the few times we beat them recently was when we actually played man coverage and Cortez Allen shadowed Gronk all game.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
No, if history repeats itself, first as tragedy and then as farce, I'm pretty sure it will be Benny Hill level comedy when go LB on WR against the Pats.

If they think any of Bostic, William's, Fort can cover Edleman, Hogan, Gordan. They are in for a long night.

Hell Keenan Allen is a bigger possession receiver who isnt as fast as either of the 3 above mentioned guys and the LBs couldnt keep up. So....that should be fun.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
If they think any of Bostic, William's, Fort can cover Edleman, Hogan, Gordan. They are in for a long night.

Hell Keenan Allen is a bigger possession receiver who isnt as fast as either of the 3 above mentioned guys and the LBs couldnt keep up. So....that should be fun.

While Allen might not be as fast as those guys in terms of pure speed what makes him good is his route running and his direction changes. So in that regard he is quick to change direction and create separation which makes using a linebacker all the more confusing because the guy can break ankles with his route running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad