OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Long and Boring Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Savage's agent had him scheduled to visit for 24 teams. He's just doing his job making sure he gets drafted. He probably will be taken in 6th-7th round or undrafted. He'll be a career backup in NFL at best. He has a good arm but doesn't do well under pressure.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Steelers schedule out:

Week 1: vs. CLE
Week 2: @BAL (Thursday Night)
Week 3: @CAR
Week 4: vs. TB
Week 5: @JAX
Week 6: @CLE
Week 7: vs. HOU (MNF)
Week 8: vs. IND
Week 9: vs. BAL
Week 10: @NYJ
Week 11: @TEN (MNF)
Week 12: BYE
Week 13: vs. NO
Week 14: @CIN
Week 15: @ATL
Week 16: vs. KC
Week 17: vs. CIN

If the arrow is really pointing up for the Steelers, they should have a pretty good record before the Week 12 bye.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Steelers schedule out:

Week 1: vs. CLE
Week 2: @BAL (Thursday Night)
Week 3: @CAR
Week 4: vs. TB
Week 5: @JAX
Week 6: @CLE
Week 7: vs. HOU (MNF)
Week 8: vs. IND
Week 9: vs. BAL
Week 10: @NYJ
Week 11: @TEN (MNF)
Week 12: BYE
Week 13: vs. NO
Week 14: @CIN
Week 15: @ATL
Week 16: vs. KC
Week 17: vs. CIN

If the arrow is really pointing up for the Steelers, they should have a pretty good record before the Week 12 bye.

Off season isn't over yet, but with our additions so far, and depending on what we do in the draft, I can see a possible 11-5 or 12-4 season with that schedule.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
A solid draft and I see no reason to at the very worst be 9-7. More than likely 10-6 or better.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I think the four best aspects of the Steelers schedule is the late bye, getting the Thursday Night game out of the way in Week 2, only one game outside the EST (Tennessee), and three home games in a row Weeks 7, 8, and 9.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
In a perfect world, I would like these guys to drop to our pick.

Round 1: Darqueze Dennard, CB
Round 2: Kelvin Benjamin, WR
Round 3: Troy Niklas, TE

Then address other depth needs in the draft. LB, DL, RB, OL.

Ike Taylor was asked about what he thinks the Steelers do in the draft, he said he thinks they will go CB in round 1, and specifically mentioned Martavis Bryant, WR from Clemson. I think he's an option for the Steelers and I mentioned him in the last couple of pages.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I think the four best aspects of the Steelers schedule is the late bye, getting the Thursday Night game out of the way in Week 2, only one game outside the EST (Tennessee), and three home games in a row Weeks 7, 8, and 9.

Yeah, having a schedule where the furthest west we go all year is TEN is pretty incredible.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Perhaps this is a bit premature to say before the draft, but the Steelers play a lot of teams that figure to be pretty sub-par offensively before the Week 12 bye. Considering it will probably take at least two drafts to really "fix" the Steelers defense, they could have some good match-ups with this schedule.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
To be honest I have no idea what date the first round of the draft is. I do know it should be tonight though.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
To be honest I have no idea what date the first round of the draft is. I do know it should be tonight though.

2 weeks from today. May 8th to 10th.

It's going to be a ton of fun. So unpredictable. I bet if Warren Buffett offers a billion dollar for a perfect first round, no one will win.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
2 weeks from today. May 8th to 10th.

It's going to be a ton of fun. So unpredictable. I bet if Warren Buffett offers a billion dollar for a perfect first round, no one will win.

Thanks.

And nope. 2 words. Raiders/Browns

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Surprised, but happy to see the Steelers use one of their pre-draft visits for RB Jerick McKinnon. Due to the downgrading of that position, they should still be able to get a very high quality change of pace RB in the 6th or 7th round of they want. McKinnon would be my top choice. Compact build with incredible strength/acceleration.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
SI just had a 'twitter' mock draft, posted an hour ago. The results:

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

As close to a dream board as the Steelers could hope for here — Gilbert, Taylor Lewan, Eric Ebron and Odell Beckham Jr. all there for the taking. A lack of depth at CB coupled with Ike Taylor’s miserable 2013 season pushes Gilbert to the forefront. He’s athletic and versatile, making him perfect for Dick Lebeau’s system. – CB

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/25/2014-nfl-mock-draft-twitter/

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I think the one thing that could throw off a lot of these mock drafts is the fact that a lot of teams drafting before the Steelers need QBs. We'll just have to see how many teams are willing to reach for a young QB in the first round, even if said QB isn't really deserving of that high of a pick.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I'd be perfectly fine with Gilbert, Dennard or one of Fuller, Verret or Roby on a trade down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad