OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers Draft OLB Jarvis Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelFish87*

whew glad Ogletree is off the boards

thoughts on taking Minter in round 2? thats my hope

SteelFish87*

lol Schefter

this is bad for the Ravens. They needed a WR above all and the good ones are gone

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Field speed and playing ability is all that matters....**** 40 times
Yeah, Colbert and Tomlin were laughing and saying they were happy when Jones ran that bad 40 at his pro day because they knew it would give them a chance to get him in the draft. :laugh:

I also like the fact that Kiper said if you judge character on a scale of 1-10 Jarvis Jones is a 15. Good to hear. We don't need to waste picks on anymore idiots.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Why I hate the NFL, part 8725: Not a single RB taken in the first round because teams are finally figuring out there is no point in running the ball when qbs can take a team 80 yards with the snap of a finger. Esp when you throw up jump balls to your teammates and get rewarded with a MVP.

Couple years from now final scores are going to be 55-48 as the norm.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
A lot of good players available for second & third round.

Receivers
Justin Hunter
Robert Woods
Markus Wheaton
Stedman Bailey
Ryan Swope

Safeties
Jonathan Cyprien
DJ Swearinger
Phillip Thomas
Earl Wolff
Shamarko Thomas

Inside linebackers
Arthur Brown
Manti Te'o
Kevin Minter
Jonathan Bostic

Running backs
Eddie Lacy
Jonathan Franklin
Giovani Bernard
Christine Michael
Marcus Lattimore

I wish we have multiple picks in second.

Last edited:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'd never draft a RB in the 1st round unless it was a generational talent like Adrian Peterson. That position is by far the easiest to find good talent beyond the 1st round.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Forgot about Brown. Just edit my previous post.

I don't like Allen. He had some off the field issues (failed drug tests) and is more of possession-type receiver.

I wasn't aware of the failed drug tests. Safe to say he's probably off the Steelers board.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Walter Football just did a mock draft for second round after last night.

Link - Walter Football's mock draft

In this mock draft, Kevin Minter to Steelers in second. They also take Shamarko Thomas in third round. I like both picks but Thomas is little too short (5' 8"). It's a concern against taller receivers.

My prediction is Arthur Brown for second round pick. I'm really high on him.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I just can't see going LB back to back picks.

Sure, they did it in 2007, but that was on a (relatively) loaded roster that didn't really have many immediate needs, and could afford to project Timmons and Woodley and season or 2 down the road.

This roster has holes at WR, RB and DB both long term and short term.

SteelFish87*

I'd rather wait on getting a WR

my top 4 for the Steelers in round 2:

Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

if we get one of these 4 I am happy

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I just can't see going LB back to back picks.

Sure, they did it in 2007, but that was on a (relatively) loaded roster that didn't really have many immediate needs, and could afford to project Timmons and Woodley and season or 2 down the road.

This roster has holes at WR, RB and DB both long term and short term.

ILB is a need position. Foote is probably staying for 1 more year. Sylvester is strictly a special teamer. Spence is still an uncertainty with knee injury.

If we draft a ILB in early rounds, he can sit and learn for a year so he can get ready as starter for 2014. LeBeau's complex defense is difficult to learn for any rookie.

Last edited:

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 57m
This morning in Charlotte, N.C', Dr. Robert Anderson cleared former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw to resume all football related activites.

I know the Steelers are up against the salary cap, but I think they could sign Bradshaw to address the RB need. He's only 27.

As for WR, we have Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Burress, do you think we should still sign Steve Breaston or draft someone? Probably the latter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad