OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Something Something Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Wait.. Bryant really said that? Is that real? I clearly don't follow the guy on Twitter. Why would he say that?

Everything I hear from JuJu is that he's a nice kid so I don't know why Bryant needs to give him ****.

Join the dark side... we have candy. And I can guarantee you that JT Barrett will frustrate you because he can't throw the ball for ****.

It's clearly a one time deal. This week only!

Then you can go back to f***ing off lol. With all do respect. Unless you play ND. Then maybe again.

Edit: I will accept your candy.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Bryant was our top red zone target when he started his career(11 TDs in first 10 games). Ben needs to start looking his way down there.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Justin Hunter is barely an NFL player. Martavis is acting like a twat, but nobody wins by benching him for a guy who doesn't really belong on an NFL roster.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Bryant was our top red zone target when he started his career(11 TDs in first 10 games). Ben needs to start looking his way down there.

It's deep enough in the season that Bryant not getting the ball can no longer be blamed on anything further than the fact that 2017 Martavis Bryant is not getting open very often. He could always break out but at the moment he is playing like a scrub.

You guys do know though that Bryant is facing depression and anxiety disorders? Or are you just the type of people who think that mental illnesses are no "real" illnesses?

I have both anxiety and depression and it doesn't make you act like a knob. I've been on tons of sports teams and have not once ripped a teammate who was outplaying me on social media.

Martavis Bryant no doubt has anxiety issues. He also has intelligence issues, quite frankly. The biggest no no in pro sports is saying what you really think in a public setting and Bryant is doing it every single week.

Reactions: TNT87

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I thought it was tougher than Tony Romo made it out to be. Of course, being a QB, he's going to expect his receivers to catch those balls.

Was in Pittsburgh yesterday on business. Driving around listening to 93.7 (or is it 97.3?), the conversation was all about how the Steelers are going to beat the Patriots in the playoffs (plus some on MB). How soon we forgot the Jax game.

If Marvin coached anywhere but Cinci (well maybe in Pittsburgh), he'd be gone by now. There have been so many games where they dominate first halves and are out-adjusted in the second half. Sunday was just another example.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If Bryant really has some sort of mental/emotional disorder, then he probably should be made inactive until it gets sorted out. But personally I think this is more him acting like a big baby. Guy should be grateful he still has a job in the NFL after his year-long suspension.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If it's between JuJu and Bryant. I'm saying bye to JuJu.

Bryant is too good. I couldn't care less about his off field issues or about him being a bad teammate.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
seems he accomplished what he was brought in to do. the guy that hired him , likes him.

Haley has more tools than any coordinator in football and every single season under Haley the offense has disappointed. I couldn't care less who likes him or does not. Does Bill Bellicheck strike you as a likeable guy? Hell no, but you want him running your football team.

Todd Haley was a hilarious failure as hc of the Chiefs and he is a hilarious failure as oc of the Steelers. Despite his best effort to dream of new ways to throw 10 screens every single half, this "explosive" offense hits field goal after field goal against any team with a semi competent defense. If Boswell wasn't so good he would not have a job right now.

And don't accuse me of reacting to a slow offensive start because I have been saying these things since his first year here.

Reactions: Andy99

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Bryant is too good. I couldn't care less about his off field issues or about him being a bad teammate.

They aren’t going to cut the guy who a) has thus far been more productive and b) isn’t acting like a big baby.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/video/bryant-doesn-t-plan-to-re-sign-with-steelers-if-denied-trade~1240309

JuJu is a team guy, Bryant is a "me" guy. Can't keep Bryant, he wants to be the AB or Julio of a team and it isn't going to be in Pittsburgh, get what you can for the guy and move on, these guys are a cancer to the team.

Cut the fat and keep on keeping on as a famous redneck once said.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Just when you thought Bryant couldn't be any more unlikeable....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/martavis-bryant-bigger-role-or-i’ll-leave/ar-AAtZsg2?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Time to bench this clown. Drive down his value. The more he complains, the more he makes himself to be the cancer he really is....

I think they should do whatever is best for the team on the field. If he is one of the best 2-3 receivers then he should play in those sets. If not then he shouldn't.

I think they should leave pettiness and vindictiveness out of it.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Bryant is still under contract next year. If he isn't satisfied with his usage and wants to leave when he becomes a free agent, that's completely reasonable. The only problem is that he keeps talking about it. Any other player in his position would do the same thing, but most wouldn't be broadcasting it.

With that said, Martavis is the most talented WR on the roster, easily. We should be using him more, irrespective of any of this drama. As long as he isn't visibly taking plays off, he should play more. Benching him out of vindictiveness is stupid and does nothing to help the team.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Bryant is our best athlete at WR but there's more to WR than athleticism. Bryant's hands, route running etc. are nowhere near Brown's level.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Bryant is still under contract next year. If he isn't satisfied with his usage and wants to leave when he becomes a free agent, that's completely reasonable. The only problem is that he keeps talking about it. Any other player in his position would do the same thing, but most wouldn't be broadcasting it.

With that said, Martavis is the most talented WR on the roster, easily. We should be using him more, irrespective of any of this drama. As long as he isn't visibly taking plays off, he should play more. Benching him out of vindictiveness is stupid and does nothing to help the team.

Easily most talented?? OK.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yea.. you sit this bum. We're 5-2 and we don't need to deal with this ****. JuJu is a beast. Make him your 2, Rogers back to 3. GTFO Martavis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad