OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Something Something Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Not taking anything away from what you said, but is Coates even playing much for them? Is he hurt? I just briefly glanced at their stats from yesterday’s game, and he didn’t even have a catch. There were a lot of guys on there I have never even heard of, but nothing for him. I haven’t really kept up with him since the trade so I don’t know if he’s playing for them at all or not.

The geniuses that the Browns are, they have him on special teams. Again, not a great player, but he's probably better than anybody the Browns have.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Pothead loser Martavis really doesn't have a grasp on reality, does he? The guy is beyond lucky to still have a job in the NFL at all, and he thinks he has the standing to demand a trade. :shakehead

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bryant what a clown, this team stood by you and now you act like your 12.

Anyone know of any other players that would be a good swap for this twitter maniac?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Would send Bryant to the Browns for a draft pick and be done with it. He can get all the catches he wants there as he plays for nothing every week.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
try not to be a conspiracy guy, but that ball martavis couldnt locate seemed like a pretty easy catch for an nfl wide receiver

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Apparently Bryant called in sick today and didn't show for practice.

I gave him way too much credit for thinking he had grown up...

I wonder if he has same agent as Blount. They played the Steelers a few ago and worked out perfectly for Blount. I hope the Steelers don't take the bait.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I'm tired of this clown and I was one that looked forward to him being back on the team. It's clear that he will never mature. He makes Plaxico Burress seem stable.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Getting away from the every-week drama that circulates around this team...

It's really nice to see McDonald making some nice plays. He's had two plays over 25 yards the last two weeks and was looking good before hurting his knee.

I really think his emergence could be a big key for this offense, because Roth has always look way better when he has an effective target at TE.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
In before the Steelers cut Bryant and the Patriots pick him up in route to eliminating the Steelers in the playoffs.

Yea. We shouldn’t trade him yet. They need to actually use the guy. He’s going about it wrong, but he has a point.

Trade him in the offseason if you must, but don’t give a competitor his skill set right now.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Why does Bryant have to be such a moron? Pretty much everyone thinks he's being under-utilized but he's managed to make himself into the bad guy.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Getting away from the every-week drama that circulates around this team...

It's really nice to see McDonald making some nice plays. He's had two plays over 25 yards the last two weeks and was looking good before hurting his knee.

I really think his emergence could be a big key for this offense, because Roth has always look way better when he has an effective target at TE.

Dropped another catchable ball in the end zone, though. The book on Vance is pretty clear at this point. Freakish athlete, high effort, high character, seems to be a decent blocker, but he's got bricks for hands. It's been an issue since college and he hasn't improved yet.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wait.. Bryant really said that? Is that real? I clearly don't follow the guy on Twitter. Why would he say that?

Everything I hear from JuJu is that he's a nice kid so I don't know why Bryant needs to give him shit.

I think I may root for OSU for the first time in my life.

Join the dark side... we have candy. And I can guarantee you that JT Barrett will frustrate you because he can't throw the ball for shit.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Dropped another catchable ball in the end zone, though. The book on Vance is pretty clear at this point. Freakish athlete, high effort, high character, seems to be a decent blocker, but he's got bricks for hands. It's been an issue since college and he hasn't improved yet.

That was a tougher catch than it looked, but you would like to see him come down with it.

He's their best bet for this season though and has started to make some big plays. He's also caught 3 of the last 4 thrown to him after dropping his first two as a Steeler, so he's getting better.

Gotta look at the positives.

Wait.. Bryant really said that? Is that real? I clearly don't follow the guy on Twitter. Why would he say that?

Everything I hear from JuJu is that he's a nice kid so I don't know why Bryant needs to give him ****.

Remember when he told Coates after the draft he was taking his spot?

Looks like he took both of their jobs...

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
That was a tougher catch than it looked, but you would like to see him come down with it.

He's their best bet for this season though and has started to make some big plays. He's also caught 3 of the last 4 thrown to him after dropping his first two as a Steeler, so he's getting better.

Gotta look at the positives.

Tougher than it looked, but still catchable. There's a reason that McDonald has the worst catch percentage amongst qualified TEs since 2013.

With that said, he still has some value to us. Even with his hands of stone, he's such a dynamic athlete that you have to account for him, which isn't something that can be said about James or Grimble. If you leave McDonald open and he catches it, he's gone. James would get about 8 yards.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tougher than it looked, but still catchable. There's a reason that McDonald has the worst catch percentage amongst qualified TEs since 2013.

With that said, he still has some value to us. Even with his hands of stone, he's such a dynamic athlete that you have to account for him, which isn't something that can be said about James or Grimble. If you leave McDonald open and he catches it, he's gone. James would get about 8 yards.

Well, if he had good hands he would be a top ten TE and not brought in for peanuts.

Just gotta hope he doesn't drop a pass in a key moment and his dropsies are overshadowed by his dynamic athleticism. Just get thru this year and find a better solution... or stickum.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Well, if he had good hands he would be a top ten TE and not brought in for peanuts.

Just gotta hope he doesn't drop a pass in a key moment and his dropsies are overshadowed by his dynamic athleticism. Just get thru this year and find a better solution... or stickum.

He might be top 10 even with decent hands. The dude was a 270 pound slot receiver in college.

Maybe we should just prepare a dozen pair of gloves coated in glue and sub him after each catch so he can switch gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad