OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Rex Ryan > Mike Tomlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
The Steelers will play this way until they're down by two scores. Then they'll play catch up the remainder of the game. The bungles will take this every day.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
See what just happened there?

New footballs are very slippery.

So if you run you are more likely to fumble. If you pass you are more likely to throw a bad pass/get a drop.

So explain to me again why it's smart to abandon the kind of offense that has worked for the team all year.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
So if you run you are more likely to fumble. If you pass you are more likely to throw a bad pass/get a drop.

So explain to me again why it's smart to abandon the kind of offense that has worked for the team all year.

If you can understand why, it's not worth explaining to you. If it were a beautiful nice with good weather, they'd be ripping 60 yard passes.

AJ McCarron just had a ball flutter out of his hand because it slipped out.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

the ball can be fumbled every play. you can only have a bad throw on a pass, but the fumble threat is still there. As we already saw. So running only has one of the two risks, while passing has both.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

It's ****ed either way. Throw slants and shorter passes. Running is more likely to fumble. Passing is drops/ints. Just do what you can.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Who cares what the whiners have to say, this is one ugly ass football game.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Example 1 was a guy fumbling the ball running, which you are saying is the smart way to play.:laugh:

Are you done now?

there's always a fumble risk. Passing adds the risk of a bad throw too. So its extra risk. Especially trying bigger throws.

edit: I'm not saying we shouldn't change what we're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad