OT: The Pittsburgher Thread | R.I.P. Mr. Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
**** it...we've been taking enough defense over the years. I'll take Smith-Schuster and Conner. We need to prepare for injuries on offense anyways. Had no #2 Wr and bell got hurt in first quarter against pats. Conner will give it all he has. Dudes a beast. And behind this line?

"Jersey sales" draft this year hahaha. Watt will lead the league and Conner will be second

Last edited:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I love Conner but I rather have them take him a round later. Still, he is a great kid and he can do a little bit of everything.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
I'm overly tough on players in the draft coming from my favorite teams (Pitt/Ohio State) but you know I'm pretty happy with this pick. We all know Conner's story and have watched him play plenty (if you live in the area) so no need to go into details there. If he can get back to near the level he was before the MCL and Cancer he'll be a really good backup RB for us.

I like how violent JuJu and James play on offense. They'll add attitude and talent to the team.

Sutton has ball skills and is a good punt returner and with some luck can fill the Slot CB/S role away from Golden soon!

I'm pretty happy with how tonight went overall :)

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Feels a round early for Conner but that's only based on what he was this past season. I thought pre-cancer and MCL injury Conner was a 1st or 2nd round prospect. If he gets back to that level he'll be a great value with this 3rd round choice. He's a little risky but it's impossible to root against this kid after all he's been through. What a story. Very inspirational.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Even before the injury, Conner was a less athletic Derrick Henry. Whatever. At least I know that effort and motivation to succeed will never be an issue with him. Guys have done enough with less.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
I'm hoping they can grab either Dobbs or Kaaya tomorrow. Need some QB depth/back up competition.

I feel like Dobbs has better upside with his athleticism, but Kaaya has produced very consistently with almost 10K yards in 3 seasons, 69 TD's against 24 INT's. And I'll go back to this article about attempting to correlate NCAA stats to NFL success for a QB:

https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/qbs-2017-nfl-draft-likely-succeed/

According to this evaluation Trubisky, Brad Kaaya, and Jerod Evans are the only Gold tier QB's. I'd be willing to take a shot on Kaaya after reading this for sure. At worst he will be a better backup than Landry Jones and at best could develop into a legit NFL starter.

711.png

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Even before the injury, Conner was a less athletic Derrick Henry. Whatever. At least I know that effort and motivation to succeed will never be an issue with him. Guys have done enough with less.

I don't understand this comparison one bit. Conner is a truck, a classic power back that can move the chains and grind out yardage. Explosive? At times, but that is not his style.

If you would have told me before his MCL injury that the Steelers would get him with basically an early 4th round pick, I would have laughed myself nearly to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad