Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The fact we are picking 15th and are not in the playoffs infuriates me

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I just get the feeling that it will be Taylor Lewan. Yeah, they have spent a ton of top two picks on OL the past few years, but I get the feeling that they are not happy with the aggregate and if Lewan is available he will be the pick. Sort of like last year everyone and their mother knew that we were taking Jarvis Jones.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm gonna wait a couple months to even begin speculating. Someone who we're talking about as being on the board will end up going in the top 5 and someone we barely rate as a 2nd rounder will go in the top 10. Mocks before March are just empty web hits. [/Grinch]

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
I'm gonna wait a couple months to even begin speculating. Someone who we're talking about as being on the board will end up going in the top 5 and someone we barely rate as a 2nd rounder will go in the top 10. Mocks before March are just empty web hits. [/Grinch]

I agree with this post. Last year, I remember that Jarvis Jones was not expected to be available when the Steeelers picked about this time. The best they were expected to do was maybe Barkevious Mingo who ended up going to the Browns much earlier right around where he ended up being slotted after the combine. Right now I lean more towards the defensive side with either Mosley or Dix (the inside linebacker and safety out of Alabama), or Dennard (the cornerrback from Michigan State). This is all subject to change as I review more. However, Evans did not impress me with his play in the bowl game against Duke.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I just get the feeling that it will be Taylor Lewan. Yeah, they have spent a ton of top two picks on OL the past few years, but I get the feeling that they are not happy with the aggregate and if Lewan is available he will be the pick. Sort of like last year everyone and their mother knew that we were taking Jarvis Jones.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Penn State are targeting 3 candidates, James Franklin, Al Golden and Mike Munchak. Interesting that Schiano wasn't mentioned.

Of 3 all candidates, I want Franklin to be PSU head coach. What he did at Vanderbilt in 3 years was very impressive. Tremendous recruiter (top 30 recruiting classes for last 2 years) and great offensive mind which will fit very well with this offense. He grew up in PA and went to East Stroudsburg.

Link - James Franklin

Golden and Munchak don't interest me at all.

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haley and LeBeau are expected to be back next season.

Not surprising.

Once Ben got to call his own plays, any discontent he felt about Haley, or maybe still does, was mitigated by that power bestowed on Ben. I don't think Ben cares about who the OC is, if he can call his own plays.

As for LeBeau, I think the defense would have to have another down year before they release him/make him retire.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Penn State are targeting 3 candidates, James Franklin, Al Golden and Mike Munchak. Interesting that Schiano wasn't mentioned.

Of 3 all candidates, I want Franklin to be PSU head coach. What he did at Vanderbilt in 3 years was very impressive. Tremendous recruiter (top 30 recruiting classes for last 2 years) and great offensive mind which will fit very well with this offense. He grew up in PA and went to East Stroudsburg.

Link - James Franklin

Lots of Twitter chatter that Golden has been offered the job. Unconfirmed yet by any major outlet/source.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Haley and LeBeau are expected to be back next season.

I suppose if Ben is given more control of how the offense is run then it doesn't matter, but I still think Haley should've been canned. His play-calling in the first half of the season was awful, and the offense never really got better until it used the no-huddle more. There's also some of the embarrassing off-field issues that surrounded Haley earlier in the season that shouldn't be forgotten.

If the Steelers are worried about firing Little Artie's hand-picked OC for PR reasons, then just promote Kirby Wilson. He's the guy that was originally supposed to succeed Arians anyways.

As for LeBeau, the lack of talent on defense are probably more to blame for that unit's struggles than him. But considering the salary cap mess the Steelers are in, he can't just automatically bench rookies anymore. Young players are going to have to take important roles in that defense if they have any hope of being even an average defense.

I wonder how Keith Butler feels about this. The guy has been waiting around for a while now.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Watkins is a beast no doubt.. but if we're looking at wideouts, any chance Allen Robinson would be there in round 2 for us?

No. Especially after combine where he will do well. Guessing he will go in the 20s. With the potential to move up higher.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Watkins won't be available at 15th pick.

Roby is inconsistent and has some issues off the field. Very disappointing year for him.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So pissed at Philly Brown. Catch the ****ing ball and keep momentum. Instead you give them 7 when they were dying.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Link - James Franklin

Makes the most sense. Of the other two, Golden would be #2.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think Meyer should have put guiton in that last drive. Braxton was obviously hurt and his passes were awful all game anyways.. so brax will be back next year right?

As for Watkins, I hate to judge somebody I don't know and just based off impressions.. but I get the feeling he wants the ball.. A lot. That's never going to happen in Pittsburgh.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I think Meyer should have put guiton in that last drive. Braxton was obviously hurt and his passes were awful all game anyways.. so brax will be back next year right?

As for Watkins, I hate to judge somebody I don't know and just based off impressions.. but I get the feeling he wants the ball.. A lot. That's never going to happen in Pittsburgh.

Braxton most likely has a couple broken ribs right now. He should stay but he could leave. Who knows.

After watching that entire game, I don't want Watkins. His numbers are so inflated from screen passes. He caught I think two passes (from my memory) down field last night.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Braxton most likely has a couple broken ribs right now. He should stay but he could leave. Who knows.

After watching that entire game, I don't want Watkins. His numbers are so inflated from screen passes. He caught I think two passes (from my memory) down field last night.

When screen passes are working, you keep using same plays over and over. OSU had no answers for Watkins. Boyd was phenomenal last night except 2 stupid interceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad