OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Playoffs n'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
The guy that filed the lawsuit is a prisoner. I'm not sure if he's serious with this or just bored in jail and trying to amuse himself. It's kind of funny to me if he's just being a dick but he's an idiot if he's serious about all this.

Looks like James Franklin is likely to accept the Penn State job.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
How many countries are in this country? :laugh:

Tot'nam gonna beat the Cowboys, Cowboys, and Jennifer Lawrence. Go Spurs!

Franklin has done a hell of a job with Vanderbilt. I certainly have no issue with taking an up-and-comer like him, it's not like he turned Buffalo around, he took a team in the SEC that hasn't done jack pretty much ever and made them relevant...now the issue will be can he take a relevant program and take it back to it's prior glory.

If nothing else he won't have much pressure on him for a couple years...

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Vanderbilt is an elite school. It's very difficult to get accepted by this school. Franklin had to recruit players with higher GPA. The fact Vanderbilt have top 30 recruiting classes in 2 years in a row is very impressive. Just imagine what he can recruit at PSU.

Franklin will have a QB stud in Christian Hackenberg for at least 2 years. It's a good start for him.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
And he's from the area, so that helps his recruiting in PA, which I personally think has been lacking for years at PSU.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
NFL playoffs about to get started in an hour and a half or so. Hearing the weather in Seattle for Saint/Seahawks is brutal. I love watching football in the elements though.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

sometimes the weather takes it a little too far :laugh:

I know the Steelers didn't like it when Jeff Reed criticized the field shortly before he got cut.... but 'cmon. Let's not treat something sacred when we all know that turf at times looks like it's smeared with cow ****. :laugh:

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I'm sure the Steelers really didn't care what their highly intoxicated kicker said about Heinz field.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
tumblr_mfihigpk1w1rtvheio6_250.gif

Starting a new thread since this is nearing 1,000, so mosey on over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad