The Pittsburgher Thread: Pittsburgh Finished It

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It would only be fair for Duck to sit after one blah game and one atrocious one, but I honestly don’t care.

Once they hit seven wins I was happy.

We all know how this ends as it always does.

With the Steelers losing out to let someone else back into the playoffs? :D

I'd like to say that I can't imagine their blowing the playoffs in a loss at the Jets, but I can't.

BTW, after the Rams win, I figured 9-7, squeak into the playoffs, don't completely embarrass yourself against the #3 seed (which will be KC by the way) would be reason to celebrate.

Which again is why I expect them to lose out.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Touchdown Log

• or hold your mouse over the header"
Rank
This is a count of the rows from top to bottom.
It is recalculated following the sorting of a column." style="box-sizing: border-box; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(116, 118, 120) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(116, 118, 120) rgb(116, 118, 120); padding: 3px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); white-space: nowrap; background-clip: padding-box; height: 30px; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">Rk
DateOppResultQuarterDistTypeDetail
12019-09-15SEAL, 26-2821rushJames Conner 1 yard rush (Chris Boswell kick)
22019-09-15SEAL, 26-2848passVance McDonald 8 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (pass failed)
32019-09-15SEAL, 26-2843passVance McDonald 3 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
42019-09-22@SFOL, 20-24376passJuJu Smith-Schuster 76 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
52019-09-22@SFOL, 20-24439passDiontae Johnson 39 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
62019-09-30CINW, 27-3221passJames Conner 21 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
72019-09-30CINW, 27-332rushJaylen Samuels 2 yard rush (Chris Boswell kick)
82019-09-30CINW, 27-3343passDiontae Johnson 43 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
92019-10-06BALL, 23-26135passJuJu Smith-Schuster 35 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
102019-10-06BALL, 23-2631rushJames Conner 1 yard rush (Chris Boswell kick)
112019-10-13@LACW, 24-1719fumbleDevin Bush 9 yard fumble return (Chris Boswell kick)
122019-10-13@LACW, 24-17112rushJames Conner 12 yard rush (Chris Boswell kick)
132019-10-13@LACW, 24-17226passJames Conner 26 yard pass from Devlin Hodges (Chris Boswell kick)
142019-10-28MIAW, 27-14245passDiontae Johnson 45 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
152019-10-28MIAW, 27-14326passJuJu Smith-Schuster 26 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
162019-10-28MIAW, 27-1449rushJames Conner 9 yard rush (Chris Boswell kick)
172019-11-03INDW, 26-24296interceptionMinkah Fitzpatrick 96 yard interception return (Chris Boswell kick)
182019-11-03INDW, 26-2437passVance McDonald 7 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
192019-11-10LARW, 17-1213passJames Washington 3 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
202019-11-10LARW, 17-12243fumbleMinkah Fitzpatrick 43 yard fumble return (Chris Boswell kick)
212019-11-14@CLEL, 7-2133passJaylen Samuels 3 yard pass from Mason Rudolph (Chris Boswell kick)
222019-11-24@CINW, 16-10379passJames Washington 79 yard pass from Devlin Hodges (Chris Boswell kick)
232019-12-01CLEW, 20-13230passJames Washington 30 yard pass from Devlin Hodges (Chris Boswell kick)
242019-12-01CLEW, 20-1331rushBenny Snell 1 yard rush (Chris Boswell kick)
252019-12-08@ARIW, 23-17185puntDiontae Johnson 85 yard punt return (Chris Boswell kick)
262019-12-08@ARIW, 23-1732passDiontae Johnson 2 yard pass from Devlin Hodges (Chris Boswell kick)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Opponent Touchdown Log

Jimmy, it's one of your posts. Needs like 4x more words dude.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I'd like to say that I can't imagine their blowing the playoffs in a loss at the Jets, but I can't.

BTW, after the Rams win, I figured 9-7, squeak into the playoffs, don't completely embarrass yourself against the #3 seed (which will be KC by the way) would be reason to celebrate.

We're going to lose next week but win a squeaker against LJ-less Ravens. Tucker is going to miss a 71 yard field goal by 6 inches right at the buzzer for us to win. BOOK IT KIRK.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Rudolph was looking fine until stuff blew up for him against Cleveland where he lost Johnson and Juju.

Duck got Diontae back, added Cain who has been very good and Washington has just been sensational for him.

Viscerally I get it that it's more fun to watch a guy who sees the field/game better and has a sub-NFL (honestly sub-NCAA) level arm than the other way around. But I just think people have way over-extrapolated one horrendous Rudolph performance against Cleveland into saying that he has sucked generally this year. He hasn't.

They both suck.

As I said, Duck makes splash plays when you give him a little time. Rudolph dinks and dunks well when you give him time. I'll take the splash plays, not because of the optics but instead because you need those given how poorly the Steelers run the ball.

BUT, this OL is SO overrated. I get that people were buying the hype of them being back, but it came against Cincy, AZ, and Cleveland WITHOUT Garrett.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think the only thing this game proved is that the NFL playoffs, as a product, will be a lot better and more entertaining without the Steelers in it. We aren't winning a game, so would rather see another team in there that doesn't have a handicapped offense incapable of basic functions.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We're going to lose next week but win a squeaker against LJ-less Ravens. Tucker is going to miss a 71 yard field goal by 6 inches right at the buzzer for us to win. BOOK IT KIRK.

giphy.gif

:razz:

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
They both suck.

As I said, Duck makes splash plays when you give him a little time. Rudolph dinks and dunks well when you give him time. I'll take the splash plays, not because of the optics but instead because you need those given how poorly the Steelers run the ball.

BUT, this OL is SO overrated. I get that people were buying the hype of them being back, but it came against Cincy, AZ, and Cleveland WITHOUT Garrett.

If Mason were instructed to underthrow deep balls for Washington to make a play on it and/or draw DPI, he'd do just fine at that thank you.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think the only thing this game proved is that the NFL playoffs, as a product, will be a lot better and more entertaining without the Steelers in it. We aren't winning a game, so would rather see another team in there that doesn't have a handicapped offense incapable of basic functions.

Sad to think that we're at the point where one can say WITH A STRAIGHT FACE that the playoffs would be better with the Titans in it than the Steelers.

Reactions: Andy99 and PensPlz

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Mason were instructed to underthrow deep balls for Washington to make a play on it and/or draw DPI, he'd do just fine at that thank you.

Problem is Rudolph refuses to make that throw because he's scared to throw it unless a guy is wide open. This is a comment that I made weeks ago about him at OSU. He was so used to throwing to guys who were wide open that he really struggles to understand what qualifies as being open in the NFL.

In the end, that did him in. Thinking too much. Happy feet.

Truth be told, like Conner after his concussion last year, he didn't come back the same player after his concussion against Baltimore.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Problem is Rudolph refuses to make that throw because he's scared to throw it unless a guy is wide open. This is a comment that I made weeks ago about him at OSU. He was so used to throwing to guys who were wide open that he really struggles to understand what qualifies as being open in the NFL.

In the end, that did him in. Thinking too much. Happy feet.

Truth be told, like Conner after his concussion last year, he didn't come back the same player after his concussion against Baltimore.

So now he's got time off. Maybe to digest stuff a little bit and get a mental break that he maybe needed after the concussion.

I think Rudolph has suffered by basis of comparison in this town. Rudolph was compared to Ben (a Bell-and-Brown-having Ben, by the way...) Duck is compared to Rudolph and thus it seems a whole lot better.

I'm not denying that Mason doesn't see the field the way you'd like from a QB but you have to understand that the non-velocity of Hodges throws has much the same effect. Hodges can't throw intermediate period because the ball takes FOREVER to arrive. Again, it's like talking about Olli Maatta's hockey IQ while he's getting absolutely smoked for speed.

In the end you start Rudolph next week and if he bombs again you turn it over to Duck. I do like Duck better as a backup because I think he's mentally able to come in midgame (then again, Mason did it against Seattle...) But I think Mason'll be better with the rest.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So now he's got time off. Maybe to digest stuff a little bit and get a mental break that he maybe needed after the concussion.

I think Rudolph has suffered by basis of comparison in this town. Rudolph was compared to Ben (a Bell-and-Brown-having Ben, by the way...) Duck is compared to Rudolph and thus it seems a whole lot better.

I'm not denying that Mason doesn't see the field the way you'd like from a QB but you have to understand that the non-velocity of Hodges throws has much the same effect. Hodges can't throw intermediate period because the ball takes FOREVER to arrive. Again, it's like talking about Olli Maatta's hockey IQ while he's getting absolutely smoked for speed.

In the end you start Rudolph next week and if he bombs again you turn it over to Duck. I do like Duck better as a backup because I think he's mentally able to come in midgame (then again, Mason did it against Seattle...) But I think Mason'll be better with the rest.

No, you don't start Rudolph next week. BUT, you do have a quick hook with Duck.

As I said, this one was a stinker like Rudolph in the first Cleveland game. Like Rudolph in Cincy, how long Duck lasts next week in NY depends 100% on Duck.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

They will be one and done so who cares if they make it.

Duck turned into a turd so it’s kind of funny because Yinzer nation dropped all this money on stupid Duck hats and other dumb shit.

Good on him though to eek out a few wins in the NFL and have something to tell his kids.

Not many people can say that.

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
No, you don't start Rudolph next week. BUT, you do have a quick hook with Duck.

As I said, this one was a stinker like Rudolph in the first Cleveland game. Like Rudolph in Cincy, how long Duck lasts next week in NY depends 100% on Duck.

Fair, I'll take that.

Mason Rudolph isn't my favorite player or anything. I just have a soft spot for people that have been given a raw deal. And unless Mason said that word to Myles Garrett, he has been. Not by Tomlin, but by the fanbase.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Fair, I'll take that.

Mason Rudolph isn't my favorite player or anything. I just have a soft spot for people that have been given a raw deal. And unless Mason said that word to Myles Garrett, he has been. Not by Tomlin, but by the fanbase.

Tomlin doesn't pull Rudolph in that next game unless he has no choice, and that's what Rudolph left him with.

He'll approach things with Duck similarly next week.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I use to cheer for teams like the Bills when Steelers out of it. But their fans are insufferable. They are really on Twitter acting like they have a fanbase comparable to the Steelers lol mind you majority of them finally popped up this year.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They will be one and done so who cares if they make it.

Duck turned into a turd so it’s kind of funny because Yinzer nation dropped all this money on stupid Duck hats and other dumb ****.

Good on him though to eek out a few wins in the NFL and have something to tell his kids.

Not many people can say that.

HFBoards Pittsburgher thread legend Josh Dobbs certainly can't. :D

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I use to cheer for teams like the Bills when Steelers out of it. But their fans are insufferable. They are really on Twitter acting like they have a fanbase comparable to the Steelers lol mind you majority of them finally popped up this year.

Whatever. They've been so bad for so long, it's hard to give them any thought.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
10% of this board can throw a football harder than Duck. (Note: I am not among them). If you can't see why that might be a problem revisit...uh, a myriad of plays from this game.

Duck can do a lot of QB things better than Rudolph but if your passes have no zip it inhibits everything you do. It's like talking about how great Olli Maatta saw the hockey game when he couldn't skate.
This is the correct take.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Duck is what he is...

but if you keep putting him in 3rd and long because you want to experiment with wildcat, or run pointless slow developing draws against 9 in the box... then bad things will happen both to that qb and the line.

That offense should be TE throws, dumps to the RB, and 1 or 2 reads and run for yards.

Get into 3rd and manageable. 3rd and 5.. duck can run for that...3rd and 11... bad things gonna happen.

Fitchner doesn't have a plan to get to 3rd and 5... his 1st and 2nd down calls are absolute losers.

This is 100% the truth. Reread, study, take notes and share.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Despite that garbage, I still go to Duck next game. Buffalo has a great defense. They’ve been doing this to teams all year. They’re not that much different than Pittsburgh, they just have a better QB. Rudolph looked so frazzled his last time out, it wasn’t even funny. But like Kirk said, Duck’s leash isn’t as long next time out. But they’ve gotta rely on the run game and Conner more. Can’t be throwing the ball damn near 40 times again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad