The Pittsburgher Thread: Pittsburgh Finished It

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I was going to make a thread but I don't know the rules. Any time I've made a thread, it gets deleted.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I think Tomlin will be one of the candidates for coach of the year. Shanahan will win it, but Tomlin, Harbaugh and Bills' HC will get nominated too.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Can’t believe so many people bought into the Browns hype... and the keyboard diarrhea I had to read how they were now a better org than the Steelers.

So uh, how did the Steelers just put a dagger in the Browns season when the great Browns org had everything in their favor today?

Browns have their most talented team since they moved back... and they can’t beat the Steelers when they have a third string UFA rookie QB and are down to their backups at their skill positions.

Think how sad that is... that’s like a reverse Tomlin special.

Reactions: ChaosAgent and KIRK

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
  • I am a Mason believer/defender but this has to be Duck's job until he falters.
  • James Conner should not play again until he commits himself to running like a power back again. He is simply not necessary with our good makeshift platoon of power-guy (Snell), explosive guy (Whyte) and 3rd down back/wildcat back (Samuels). I really don't want to see Conner get snaps next week, he has actively hurt the team this year.
  • I liked the line play today a lot.
  • James Washington is blossoming right before our eyes. He is becoming...kinda a star? And speaking of stars...
  • We gotta pay Bud. Sad but it is what it is. Prepare for Bud to be the 2nd highest-paid Steeler next year, y'all. He's earned it.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I would let Bud walk. He was bad in his first 4 seasons. I don't trust that he'll remain good after this season.
Not to mention Juju, Watt, Minkah will need monster contacts in your next few years.

With that being said, I bet the Steelers do re sign him. Good pass rusher are hard to come by in the NFL.

Reactions: Pengwins

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013

I’ve definitely been a Tomlin hater, but, credit when it’s due, I guess? I’m still waiting for the yearly loss against a crappy team...next week seems likely...

He reminds me of Bylsma in that he overachieves with bad teams and underachieves with good teams.

Reactions: Pengwins

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
40 yd PI to finish the game in Denver

worst penalty in ALL of sports. 15 yards and be done with it

The reason a PI is the toughest penalty is because its the most important penalty. Taking away the spot foul nature is just as silly.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I would let Bud walk. He was bad in his first 4 seasons. I don't trust that he'll remain good after this season.
Not to mention Juju, Watt, Minkah will need monster contacts in your next few years.

With that being said, I bet the Steelers do re sign him. Good pass rusher are hard to come by in the NFL.

Just realized Hargraves is up for a new deal too. I'd prioritize him over Dupree.

Reactions: cookthebooks

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Can someone make an argument that the Steelers should want Conner back next week?

Snell and Whyte run with conviction and understanding of what they are - a power guy and a speed guy. Samuels is a superior pass-catcher.

Conner to me this year has tried to become an all-around back ala Le'Veon, McCaffrey, etc but he's just not on their level or really close. He really needs to get back to being a power back by next year...and this includes adding 15-20 lbs this offseason.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Ducky Hawdges

Bills game flexed to SNF, oh lawd. Jets and Cardinals were looking good until today, absolutely terrible. And that worries me.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
The reason a PI is the toughest penalty is because its the most important penalty. Taking away the spot foul nature is just as silly.

it’s also the most ticky tack penalty and I don’t want an awesome game to be decided because a db had his hand on a receiver for a half of a second too long. The rules already favor the offense every way imaginable.

flacco won a super bowl because of it and this weeks benefactor is scrub diddly drew lock.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just realized Hargraves is up for a new deal too. I'd prioritize him over Dupree.

They can sign both, just have to make other decisions...

They already cut Moncrief.. cut Barron and Chick, that frees up around 14 million... restructure Roth and free up another 5-6 million... Give Heyward a new deal... frees up a few million... you get the idea...

They can free up whatever, just have to be wary of new monster deals for Watt and Juju coming down the line.

Dupree said he would have no problem with the franchise tag... would be around 16m... take a one year run with Ben hopefully healthy?

Maybe... we shall see.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
They can sign both, just have to make other decisions...

They already cut Moncrief.. cut Barron and Chick, that frees up around 14 million... restructure Roth and free up another 5-6 million... Give Heyward a new deal... frees up a few million... you get the idea...

They can free up whatever, just have to be wary of new monster deals for Watt and Juju coming down the line.

Dupree said he would have no problem with the franchise tag... would be around 16m... take a one year run with Ben hopefully healthy?

Maybe... we shall see.

Agree with the general tenor of this post, but JJSS does not deserve a huge deal at this point. He's a good #2 WR and that's what he should be paid as.

I don't know what else is out there aside from Dupree. I don't want to use the 2nd rounder on an edge rusher when the O-Line is aging/worsening...though they looked good today! I'd go heavy O-Line in the draft.

For now I'm just loving watching this team. So refreshing to see a Steelers defense again. To see Washington become what he's becoming. And to see Boswell's redemption.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Agree with the general tenor of this post, but JJSS does not deserve a huge deal at this point. He's a good #2 WR and that's what he should be paid as.

I don't know what else is out there aside from Dupree. I don't want to use the 2nd rounder on an edge rusher when the O-Line is aging/worsening...though they looked good today! I'd go heavy O-Line in the draft.

For now I'm just loving watching this team. So refreshing to see a Steelers defense again. To see Washington become what he's becoming. And to see Boswell's redemption.

It’s really hard to judge JuJu right now without Roth around. I assume we will know more after next season and see if he is then in line to get a big deal.

With Dupree I felt he was worth the 9m given he was about an avg OLB and I expected 6-7 sacks... now he’s breaking out and you are stuck in a catch 22 to lose him for nothing or pay him and hope he doesn’t turn into a paid Woodley.

Franchising him seems like the smartest move, but it ties up a lot of cap... Roth is going to take up a monster 17% of the cap next season, so they need to bring that number way down first...

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It’s really hard to judge JuJu right now without Roth around. I assume we will know more after next season and see if he is then in line to get a big deal.

With Dupree I felt he was worth the 9m given he was about an avg OLB and I expected 6-7 sacks... now he’s breaking out and you are stuck in a catch 22 to lose him for nothing or pay him and hope he doesn’t turn into a paid Woodley.

Franchising him seems like the smartest move, but it ties up a lot of cap... Roth is going to take up a monster 17% of the cap next season, so they need to bring that number way down first...

Remember, during the duration of Juju's next deal...prime Big Ben is not going to be throwing him the football. #1 WRs can do better than he has with Mason. Let's see how he looks with Duck the rest of the year.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Remember, during the duration of Juju's next deal...prime Big Ben is not going to be throwing him the football. #1 WRs can do better than he has with Mason. Let's see how he looks with Duck the rest of the year.

I get that, but if Roth isn’t there, he won’t be taking up 30 some million on the cap.

So at that point who cares what Juju is making because without a franchise QB contract on the books, very few teams will be pushing the cap ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->