The Pittsburgher Thread: Pittsburgh Finished It

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
BTW, I didn't realize last night that IF the Titans lose to New Orleans, then their conference record is the same as the Steelers but they'd win the tie breaker on strength of victory. YIKES.

If the Titans lose to the Saints and the Steelers beat the Jets and the Texans beat the Bucs (most likely outcomes, I'd think), then week 17 comes down to the Steelers needing (a) to beat a Ravens team likely with 'nothing' to play but to spite a rival out of the playoffs for OR (b) for the Titans to lose to a Texans team locked into the #4 seed and only playing to spite a rival out of the playoffs.

IF Cleveland beats Baltimore this week then Baltimore would also still be playing for the #1 seed in week 17... they have to win 1 more game to lock that up, so Baltimore could potentially still have something to play for

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Fichtner should have been fired after last season. How he still has a job is beyond comprehension. Ben Roethlisberger should not dictate who is the OC of the team.

It only took Joey Porter's contract to expire before he wasn't asked back
Hopefully Danny "Bubble Gum" Smith and Fitch's contract run out soon

Tomlin doesn't fire his buddies.
Exhibit 384 why he's worn out his welcome

turd

Feb 1, 2013
In capable hands, I think the offense (JuJu and Conner especially) would look a lot better.

If the only way you can have a functioning offense is to have amongst the era’s best WR, RB, and QB, then you’re simply a bad coach.
I don’t disagree. And believe me, I think Fichtner is as bad as everyone else does, but I don’t think even (insert best OC of all time here) would have much success with this offense right now either. Until last night, Duck has been doing well enough, but he is what he is... a barely capable QB with a very limited skill set. Without question, they need to draw up better plays for him and not rely on him to pass the ball almost 40 times a game, but the majority of people available right now on offense are super inexperienced and half of them weren’t even on the active roster coming out of camp. I’m not excusing Fichtner in the least, but this offense is barely better than a fourth-preseason-game offense, and when facing a legit defense, it really shows.

Reactions: TooManyHumans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad