OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
This is why he’s where he is, and on the bubble, despite being a first round pick....the very definition of inconsistent player....still think he should make the team over DHB....
DHB’s position is kind of irrelevant. He’s our special teams “ace”. It’s stupid, but it is what it is.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
DHB’s position is kind of irrelevant. He’s our special teams “ace”. It’s stupid, but it is what it is.

They shouldn’t carry him for special teams when he can’t play WR imo....
Connor is just so disappointing...can he make anyone miss once and awhile?

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Matthew Thomas(UDFA, ILB #46) looks pretty damn good. They've been bring him in and moving Vince Williams to OLB on passing downs.

Reactions: USMC607

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Just tuned in now, but that Edmunds INT was great. His athleticism is definitely going to help make up for the loss of Shazier, regardless of where he plays.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Granted that Samuels is playing against the second team, but he’s made a couple nice runs and actually broke a few tackles...

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Granted that Samuels is playing against the second team, but he’s made a couple nice runs and actually broke a few tackles...

He was a very effective player in college and he's a great athlete. There's no way in hell that he's a 5th round pick based on talent, he's just one of those guys that a lot of teams weren't entirely sure what to do with.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He was a very effective player in college and he's a great athlete. There's no way in hell that he's a 5th round pick based on talent, he's just one of those guys that a lot of teams weren't entirely sure what to do with.

I like the way he plays better than Connors...

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I like the way he plays better than Connors...

Me too. I love Conner, but I hated the pick. I just don't see what Conner does well enough at the NFL level, whereas Samuels has good receiving skills and is a superior athlete. I'm still hoping Conner can at least carve out a niche on the team and his skill set is sufficiently different to the other backs that he could work as part of a committee. I just don't like drafting those kinds of backs so early.

Reactions: Andy99

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Me too. I love Conner, but I hated the pick. I just don't see what Conner does well enough at the NFL level, whereas Samuels has good receiving skills and is a superior athlete. I'm still hoping Conner can at least carve out a niche on the team and his skill set is sufficiently different to the other backs that he could work as part of a committee. I just don't like drafting those kinds of backs so early.

We are also comparing him to Bell(hard not to) , and theres only one of him. He doesnt have his vision..patience..cut back ability..etc. But paired up with someone like Samuels...that could be a decent combo in 2019 if Conner continues to improve(he looks better than he did last year).

He did have back to back 27 and 29(TD) yard runs last game.

Good thing is he will have another year to ease into the offense behind Bell

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I'm about done with any Connor + Samuels as replacement for Bell nonsense. The Steelers need to get a deal done with Bell or there will be a noticeable drop-off in the entire offense's production.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
yeah if you want to pay him 20mil a year, when hes missed 5 playoff games...already alot of wear and tear at 28, and we have a huge need on defense....sure.

If Conner isnt the answer , go ILB in the first next year and RB in 2nd/3rd.

No way do I want to pay Bell that much. We are gonna be lucky he turned down that 5 year deal.

We've won our Superbowls with Parker and guys who were avg at best. We need that money for defense.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm about done with any Connor + Samuels as replacement for Bell nonsense. The Steelers need to get a deal done with Bell or there will be a noticeable drop-off in the entire offense's production.

Doubt that’s happening if they couldn’t work out anything for more than a year....the next running back will be drafted no later than round 4 next year...they better be scouting hard....

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
yeah if you want to pay him 20mil a year, when hes missed 5 playoff games...already alot of wear and tear at 28, and we have a huge need on defense....sure.

If Conner isnt the answer , go ILB in the first next year and RB in 2nd/3rd.

No way do I want to pay Bell that much. We are gonna be lucky he turned down that 5 year deal.

We've won our Superbowls with Parker and guys who were avg at best. We need that money for defense.

He won't get $20m a year. If that's what he expects, he'll never play another down after this season.

Parker was one of the most dangerous RBs in the league for the short time he was with the team. I hate this argument. It's such revisionist bias nonsense.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

They don't need to get a deal done with Bell. They just need to draft his replacement.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
He won't get $20m a year. If that's what he expects, he'll never play another down after this season.

Parker was one of the most dangerous RBs in the league for the short time he was with the team. I hate this argument. It's such revisionist bias nonsense.

Againt Arizona , Gary Russell and Parker were our RBs...Parker was done by then.

We need money for defense...period. We cant afford to have Bell taking up more than 16 mil of the cap when that can be used for defense

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Again with the damn revisionist bias nonsense. Parker only started that Super Bowl because Mendenhall was hurt, and Mendenhall had nearly 1400 total yards that season in 12 starts.

They'll have money for the defense when Shazier comes off the books.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Again with the damn revisionist bias nonsense. Parker only started that Super Bowl because Mendenhall was hurt, and Mendenhall had nearly 1400 total yards that season in 12 starts.

They'll have money for the defense when Shazier comes off the books.

ha..Mendenhall. Guy ruined the superbowl against the Packers and after going to steelers rehab(cardinals) he was out of the league. He did have a few good seasons..being a little hard on him because of that fumble but that superbowl loss was more due to the lack of reliable Wrs. Brown and Sanders were rookies.

And we still have to re-sign other guys on D...need more than just Shazier's money if we want to improve the defense.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Connor has showed nothing unfortunately against a good TEN defense but still...he can’t break a tackle and I don’t see him being an answer next year when Bell departs....

Dude caught 6 passes in a half....and did you not watch Connor against GB?

He's not leveon bell. Nobody is. I wish people would stop trying to hold everyone not named Bell to that standard.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dude caught 6 passes in a half....and did you not watch Connor against GB?

He's not leveon bell. Nobody is. I wish people would stop trying to hold everyone not named Bell to that standard.

I’m not expecting him to be Bell, but there’s more to playing “running” back than catching balls...he struggles with blocking and when he runs, he can’t make people miss or break tackles....if the hole isn’t there, he can’t make yards..sorry for holding my requirements for a starting NFL rb to such a lofty standard lol....

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I’m not expecting him to be Bell, but there’s more to playing “running” back than catching balls...he struggles with blocking and when he runs, he can’t make people miss or break tackles....if the hole isn’t there, he can’t make yards..sorry for holding my requirements for a starting NFL rb to such a lofty standard lol....

Hes looking much better than last year tho. Give it time. We'll.have Bell getting the bulk of the carries this year...Conner will continue to improve

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

He literally made multiple people miss and broke multiple tackles last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad