OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: The Sixers Used Harden - It Wasn't Very Effective (Offseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It's legit, given his height, he may want to speed up his release a bit, but given his work ethic, that will come.
However, with the added strength, if you come out and contest the 3, he'll blow by you and has no fear in traffic going to the hoop.

He's going to be an elite player very soon, won't surprise me if he's the leading scorer for the Sixers, especially if he keeps extending the range on his 3 point shot - because you can't double him with Embiid in the game.
I think this is absolutely possible. Probably won't happen this season because Embiid and Harden will get first dibs, but Maxey may be the most natural scorer of the three.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Can anyone who understands shot mechanics tell me if Maxey’s 3pt shooting is legit?

The FT% has always been there. The shot is legit, even if he’s not going to shoot 48% over a couple of months like he did post-Harden trade.

We’re at the point where it’s not any type of shooting we should be focusing on as far as his ceiling. The difference between the most common upside comp in young, developing Lillard and NBA Maxey is playmaking/passing. If he can create for others, everything changes both now and post-post prime Harden.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
  • Wemby
  • Amen Thompson
  • Scoot
  • Ausar Thompson
  • Cam Whitmore

@BigToe I know Scoot is the chalk 2OA and he’s a year younger than the Thompson Twins, but Amen is exactly what I love in players. Plus the size difference matters when everyone is this good.

If Whitmore looks like he can shoot at all, I’m going to have him top 3. This class is nuts. My top 5 looks nothing like consensus either.

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Paul Reed seems to be playing with more control. Looks like a way deeper team. Certain players better get ready for splinters that were playing before.

DING DONG THE KORK IS DEAD.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Very almost?

O8d2og1.png

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I haven’t watched much preseason but Harden looks not good today.

He’s had some dribble issues, which I’m not worried about, but I might be in the delusional stage thinking he does look like he regained a quarter step and some lift his last couple games. He was so sluggish last year running into walls in the paint, it’s hard to undersell how bad he looked there. I’ve also seen him multiple times this game opt to kick it out or take a step back mid range over a desperate foul draw.

Reactions: FLYguy3911
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad