OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: The Sixers Used Harden - It Wasn't Very Effective (Offseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Fire rivers.
Get a real bench.
Fix the starting lineup.

Maxey / xxxx / Thybulle / xxxx / JoJo.

Not happening.

Harden will almost certainly be back. Harris might be. Matisse can't be a starter unless he develops some kind of offense.

Maxey/Harden/Harris(?)/xxxx/Embiid

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Not happening.

Harden will almost certainly be back. Harris might be. Matisse can't be a starter unless he develops some kind of offense.

Maxey/Harden/Harris(?)/xxxx/Embiid

Makes me wanna throw up. There’s no way to justify a max contract to Harden. And Harris is atrocious.

We will continue to have the same results if they keep going down this path.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If Morey doesn't parlay Harris like dumping his contract on OKC then he should be fired too. I mean Harris had a nice little playoffs with his D especially but the roster needs more balance and Harris' contract impedes that..

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Hollywood Cannon CLiff lee a conman?

Trading cliff lee away was the dumbest move in franchise history and ruined the Roy trade.
When he came back? Yes. It was great at the time of course but...

He collected his money and made no attempt to come back once the injuries struck. I don't recall the exact details of the timeline but it wasn't exactly pretty once the team wasn't very good anymore.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not enough Sixers fans are talking about how Embiid missed the first 2 games and was limited in the next 4 thanks to that dirty elbow by Siakim.

Different series had that not happened. Thats the truth.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Not enough Sixers fans are talking about how Embiid missed the first 2 games and was limited in the next 4 thanks to that dirty elbow by Siakim.

Different series had that not happened. Thats the truth.

not enough sixers fans are talking about the antics of embiid that incited the Siakim elbow.

Reactions: Tripod

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Makes me wanna throw up. There’s no way to justify a max contract to Harden. And Harris is atrocious.

We will continue to have the same results if they keep going down this path.
There seems to be some possibility that Harden will take less than a max contract. Some possibilities are laid out here:

Breaking Down Sixers' Options With James Harden's Next Contract

Bontemps thinks they end up with Quin Snyder. That would be a pretty damn good hire.
Wouldn't mind that at all.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
For those who can never get enough "why did Jimmy Buckets leave Philly?" content (I've had more than enough myself), here's a thread. The tweets mentioning Horford are particularly relevant I think.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Tweets #6 and 7 in the thread.

Ouch....depressing.

Honestly though it wasn't just one thing ...it was a convergence of reasons. I even seem to recall Harris saying it was either him or Butler too. Once Butler was gone Harris had leverage and the Sixers needed him so they paid the extra term since Harris had another offer.

I know Butler wasn't crazy about Brown too so that is not surprising and Simmons approached Brown about how he felt some kind of way when they let Butler be the point forward. He wanted it to be his team as the PG. It was just one big cluster of a situation compounded by egos and incompetence by the FO. I mean valuing Horford over Butler and saying that was the main cause is a bit of a stretch to me.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I have very little interest in this team moving forward since it's been obvious for awhile the only chance for the playoffs is to hope it coincides with a 6-8 week period where Embiid is fully healthy and as we've seen with him that just doesn't seem to be in the cards. Especially when you need that 6-8 week period happen after an entire regular season of basketball.

If Silver does the mid-season tournament in the next couple of years the Sixers and Embiid could win that. I don't see a real playoffs championship happening though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad