OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That was an amazing performance by Embiid, he's taken his game to another level, HOF level.

And kudos to Morey for getting his man without giving up major assets, Curry was breaking down, Drummond is a backup center, kept Matisse and Maxey in the house.

Want to see more of B-ball Paul, yeah, he's raw, but he's got so much energy, and unlike Drummond, actually has some touch around the basket. Can't bully ball his way to rebounds like the big man did, but can do the energizer bunny act for 6-8 minutes a half. When he actually understands how to play defense, could be a holy terror with his quickness and jumps.

That's really not a bad bench with Green, Niang, Korkmaz, Milton and Reed/Bassey. Not ideal, and I'm sure Morey will be on top of any buyouts, but could be far worse, especially since the starters are all good for 32+ a night.

The two wild cards are Korkmaz and Jose, both of whom should be much better 3 point shooters than they've shown so far this season.

Reactions: JXC

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
For me the key in new additions were 2 things!

1. Dont loose Mathisse or Maxey! They are core pieces for the next 5 - 10 years!
2. Acquire 1 real superstar! Not another "close to be Superstar" like Butler or Tobias (max contract for mediocre stats and influence on the game)

This trade is nearly perfect! Harden is able to win a game on his own. He is a real superstar! If he has self esteem and is satisfied he will be a weapon for the duration of the contract!

I love everything about this trade!

Morey is a superstar GM!

Flyers could need him!

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It was the first time hip hop, which originated from black culture and is cemented in black culture to this day, was featured in the Super Bowl. In black history month, to boot.
Yeah I get it....just not a fan of how LeBron has to announce how he has all the "facts." Just play basketball....

I blame him for all the player empowerment crap with that Miami stunt. Ben Simmons took it to a newer level of course and next CBA is gonna come down hard on the players for that stunt..

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
It was the first time hip hop, which originated from black culture and is cemented in black culture to this day, was featured in the Super Bowl. In black history month, to boot.
Just glancing at the list of performers, I don’t think it’s the first time. Best (or maybe least embarrassing) production, probably.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
So Harden/Milsap presser tomorrow at 12pm. Interesting timing though, they have practice today but I wonder if they are planning on playing Harden/Milsap tomorrow? I hope so but seems a bit weird they are doing the presser tomorrow and not today.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So Harden/Milsap presser tomorrow at 12pm. Interesting timing though, they have practice today but I wonder if they are planning on playing Harden/Milsap tomorrow? I hope so but seems a bit weird they are doing the presser tomorrow and not today.
Unless Harden was dawgin with his hammy tightness bc he wanted out of Crooklyn ASAP, I would rest him up until after the All Star break. I want to see explosive Harden and want him at his healthiest by the playoffs. Granted...he needs to start playing so the team can mesh. Would be nice to see him against the Smelltics though. They have me a bit concerned. Some nice moves on their part and they have a nice streak going. Hate that team....

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Unless Harden was dawgin with his hammy tightness bc he wanted out of Crooklyn ASAP, I would rest him up until after the All Star break. I want to see explosive Harden and want him at his healthiest by the playoffs. Granted...he needs to start playing so the team can mesh. Would be nice to see him against the Smelltics though. They have me a bit concerned. Some nice moves on their part and they have a nice streak going. Hate that team....
looks like Harden out until after all star break. Whatever, was hoping the hammy was a fake injury to get him out of BK but I guess its legit. Works for me, get him healthy and at least he can participate in practices to get comfortable with the team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Before there was rap/hip-hop, there was jazz, soul, Motown and of course the Blues, all of which this old fart prefers - I've tried but simply don't enjoy it (same with rave music, dance beats, heavy metal, punk, and Nashville "hat" country). Black culture was around long before it became the flavor of the month.

As far as 'tude, Howlin' Wolf would stare down any rap artist, he was a bad bad man. So was Miles.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Before there was rap/hip-hop, there was jazz, soul, Motown and of course the Blues, all of which this old fart prefers - I've tried but simply don't enjoy it (same with rave music, dance beats, heavy metal, punk, and Nashville "hat" country). Black culture was around long before it became the flavor of the month.

As far as 'tude, Howlin' Wolf would stare down any rap artist, he was a bad bad man. So was Miles.
Oh ok, so since Miles Davis exists, hip hop isn't considered black culture. Got it.

Weird vibes in this thread. I'm out for a bit

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Oh ok, so since Miles Davis exists, hip hop isn't considered black culture. Got it.

Weird vibes in this thread. I'm out for a bit
hip hop is clearly grey
565092.jpg

Reactions: Embiid

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

Have you listened to any recent jazz? The genre didn’t die with Miles Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad