OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: I Guess This Is Growing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
OMG so shocked the allstar Tobias Harris is getting shopped with the other guy...

Trust in Morey to do the right thing or at least try .

Harris is no allstar nor somebody you can rely upon come playoffs. Morey thankfully recognizes this. Harris' contract of course is the main problem.

After Harris and Simmons are shipped out....next focus...Doc Rivers.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Tobias has been playing well, maybe an exit has been dangled in front of him.

But the combined money of him and Ben jeez

Reactions: Schwarbomb

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
A straight deal with Atlanta for Simmons + Harris actually works under the cap. I don't want to trade them for Collins + Gallo + Bogdanovic + Reddish, but it's legal. I wasn't even a Reddish fan at Duke, so I sure as hell don't want to pay him.

But I will say that John Collins is crazily underrated, I would love to have him, and think he'd be a fantastic fit next to Embiid who can also play 5 in small bench lineups.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
So many people at the time saw Tobias max as a bad idea. The only scenario where Tobias getting the max made sense was in a 'BRING IT ALL BACK' scenario where Josh Harris says **** the Luxury Tax I'm paying it all! and they kept that playoff team completely together and had BOTH Jimmy Butler and Tobias on max deals and then Embiid getting paid with Ben getting paid in the future and the Sixers probably having the highest payroll in the league.

That's the *ONLY* way it made sense because once you traded Jimmy Butler and brought back salary commitment and gave Harris his max you pretty much ended any financial flexibility for signings. You had a 'very small window' to make major moves and then you'd have to play it out with the team you made off those moves and this is what we've got from it.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
A straight deal with Atlanta for Simmons + Harris actually works under the cap. I don't want to trade them for Collins + Gallo + Bogdanovic + Reddish, but it's legal. I wasn't even a Reddish fan at Duke, so I sure as hell don't want to pay him.

But I will say that John Collins is crazily underrated, I would love to have him, and think he'd be a fantastic fit next to Embiid who can also play 5 in small bench lineups.
*sigh* From best young duo in the the league to a poor man's version of the '09 Magic.
I actually like the ATL package more than the rest of the slop but the thought of giving them Simmons who fits like a puzzle piece with Trae in the backcourt saddens me.

Anfernee Simons burned Hali a few days ago. Last 5 games 28/3/8. 45% from 3. 95% from the line:amazed:.
Doing superstar things.
Breakdowns off the dribble in iso, pull up 3's with no screen, crafty finishes in the paint.
His jumpshot is textbook pure.
Not even using his leaping ability yet despite it being excellent as well.
Blazers 2 years too late but he's finally getting minutes now that all their other guards are hurt.
He actually is what this fanbase thinks Maxey is. 22 years old.

If it continues it might change the outlook. Dame or Anf for Ben as the basis would work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad