The Pearson Experiment

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
I'd think Pearson as a Power Forward lite. Plays a power skilled game as to others finesse skilled game. He isn't like a prototypical Power Forward such as a Lucic. Just my view.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Thank god. No offense to Pearson but I hear everyone raving about him being a power forward. Well, I really didn't see anything like that in Game 3. Granted, it was a little window. But I expect a power forward to be hitting, skating hard, going to the net and causing havoc. Then I looked up Pearson's stats and saw he has 2 career fights. Before anyone jumps on me, I know that doesn't make a player necessarily tough, but when I think of power forwards I think of Lucic, Simmonds, Clowe, Iginla, etc...Seems like that is not his game.

And how do you think those players played in their first game? Much less their first game being in the playoffs.
And like it or not fighting is dying for the most part. There are time it will happen but at levels below the AHL it is trying to be cracked down on. Wasn't it just last year the OHL instituted the rule about 10 fights and automatic suspension? And that is the league he played in before moving up to Manchester after last years draft.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I don't understand why you put a rookie on the 4th line with Clifford and Nolan already out. Kings finally got run physically by a very soft Sharks team especially with the Torres suspension and the trades of Clowe and Murray.

Nolan has def done something to upset Sutter this year...He has been scratched during the regular season a game or two and half of the playoffs.

Might have something to do with taking really stupid penalties away from the puck. Muzzin already proved how stupid can cost the game.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
dang, the kings aren't playing today? looks like someone picked the wrong week to quit ..... classic movie,

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Pearson will be fine, Kid's game is more like Justin Williams.

Not sure how he is going to fare in front of the net, Not really big enough yet for that in the NHL.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The whole 4th line had gotten away from what made them successful in last year's playoffs, which is getting the puck deep and banging away then being responsible defensively. I can think of several times this year when Fraser tried to make a blue-line drop pass or Nolan tried to dangle his way into the zone resulting in turnovers. Heck, they aren't even getting speed in so they can forecheck. i would imagine the benchings, which aren't limited to Nolan, are due to that.

Edit: not to mention a string of stupid penalties, but Nolan definitely wasn't the only one doing that.

This has been the exact problem vs last years 4th line. The guys for some reason think they're scorers and screw around with the puck once across the blueline, instead of chipping it in like last year and grinding it out. That's what made the line effective. This year they just seem to turn it over more than get it in deep. Nolan has probably been the worst, and I can see why he keeps getting scratched. If Sutter believes Pearson can do a better job, then let him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad