Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (1/29 - Scores Pair of Goals vs Old Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A professional powerhouse team with an NHL experienced head coach who was a decorated player himself and who I'm sure already forgot about hockey what most here will never even scratch... he won't play Pavel even a minute... that to me speaks volumes. Huge red flag. I don't expect him to make the impact a lot of you HOPE he will. There is no indication he is half the player you all think he is. He has not proven it to his coaches to earn ice time in a pro league and he's gonna do it here? HAHA

Oh please, you can't be serious, can you?

How about this, he scored a very good goal in the last game, does it make sense to go from 11-12 minutes to 0 minutes after scoring a goal the previous game? This coach clearly has some problem with his management of his team. They are by far the most talented team in the KHL, and are very dysfunctional, likely to be eliminated in the first round.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Let me add one more thing.

Many of us have been saying since before we traded Duclair that Buchnevich was a better prospect, and he's done nothing to prove us otherwise. He's had a good season, a little worse after the trade, but thats how it goes with less ice-time, same types of things that people complain about with Yandle's ice time.

He'll eventually prove people wrong, and I really don't think it'll take long.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Listen I am a big fan of the NYR but I don't stop being objective because of that. I understand the fear behind a lot of your comments. There has been a lynch mob mentality on this thread ever since we traded away Anthony Duclair. And now everyone is praying and hoping this guy will be a savior and that the Rangers made a mistake in trading away their best offensive prospect. So now the second is the best one left and he better pan out. I understand. So now a lot of you are clinging and hanging on to Butcher and he can do no wrong. And listen I understand he might be better than Duclair but we don't know that yet. And he has not earned playing time in his team. That is not speculation or hope that is fact. What I do know is the expectations on this kids back when he gets here and if he gets here will be astronomical and motivated by fan fear. But its not his fault and I hope people understand that. I don't expect him to come here and light the league on fire. There is no evidence that projects to him doing so. So far.

8 points in 18 games for a powerhouse team being yo-yo'd from line to line and getting varied minutes.
One game: 15 mins top line
Next game: 8 mins bottom six
Then: scratched or dressed as extra F

There is no plan on this team, not only with Buchnevich but with the whole club. They go out and get all these KHL stars, mash it up and expect to win a championship. Lines are juggled more than I ever saw torts do it! That's saying something, I see the games believe me, I wouldn't act like I watched if I didn't. The kid has at times showed growing pains but for the most part he's been real good. Sergei Zubov isn't some genius here too people, the original head coach was canned at the start of the year after a poor start , Zubov became coach, they picked up the energy and play for the cup winning coach and then bought every stud known to man. If many of you don't know much about the KHL they have a very deep top six. I understand, but to basically go out of your way to get him because they wanted him so bad and then yank him around like this speaks not volumes about the kid, but more that management is clueless.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Let me add one more thing.

Many of us have been saying since before we traded Duclair that Buchnevich was a better prospect, and he's done nothing to prove us otherwise. He's had a good season, a little worse after the trade, but thats how it goes with less ice-time, same types of things that people complain about with Yandle's ice time.

He'll eventually prove people wrong, and I really don't think it'll take long.

I agree. Buchnevich and Duclair were gems in that third round. I always preferred Buchnevich more for various reasons I won't start getting into because I've ranted enough lol. I'll still say CSKA is the most talented team in the KHL though, plus, they have know how to play as a cohesive unit.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree. Buchnevich and Duclair were gems in that third round. I always preferred Buchnevich more for various reasons I won't start getting into because I've ranted enough lol. I'll still say CSKA is the most talented team in the KHL though, plus, they have know how to play as a cohesive unit.

CSKA is a better team than SKA, but I don't think they have more talent. SKA has ridiculous talent, Voynov, Chudinov, Ship, Kovy, Gusev, Dadonov, Buch, the kings recent draft pick Dergachyov, Shesty, plus they have a lot of those fringe NHL'ers who weren't able to keep a spot in the NHL

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
CSKA is a better team than SKA, but I don't think they have more talent. SKA has ridiculous talent, Voynov, Chudinov, Ship, Kovy, Gusev, Dadonov, Buch, the kings recent draft pick Dergachyov, Shesty, plus they have a lot of those fringe NHL'ers who weren't able to keep a spot in the NHL

I agree but CSKA is loaded too plus they can defend which is why Sorokin's GAA was barely over 1. Da Costa, Radulov, Mursak etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad