Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (1/29 - Scores Pair of Goals vs Old Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Taransenko's 19-20 year old season he was 23+24=47 points in 54 games. His final KHL season was his 20-21 year old season, he was 14+18=32 points in 34 games.

Kuznetsov's birth-date in relation to the season aligns better with Buchnevich's. In his age 20 season, he was 19+25=44 points in 51 games. His age 21 season was his last, he had 8+13=21 points in 31 games.

His stats are a little behind the other two.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't think we're surprised that Buch is a little behind Tarasenko/Kuzy.

However, seeing as he isn't that far behind, and he only played with SKA for a short time instead of multiple seasons, is encouraging.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Playing for SKA hurt his stats. He got very erratic minutes, and a lot of the time those minutes were with plugs. With Severstal, he at least played a lot, and was the best player on the team. Revisiting the trade situation, I think he would've had better stats if he was traded to a contender who's a lot better than Severstal with better line mates where he could play a consistent 1st/2nd line role.

With Severstal this season, he had a 2.47 p/60 and with SKA he has a 2.18 p/60. His points per 60 last season with Severstal was 2.34 and the season before it was 2.19. This full season when you combine the two teams his p/60 is 2.38, so he's had a worse season in offensive productivity, but he was having a better season in offensive productivity up until the trade. I don't actually think he's worse this season, I think he's improved, but this is how much the trade has hurt his offense.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If they loose can the kid come right over and sign ?

He can, but does he really have much left to go for another play off run? This is not like Kreider in 2012, who played 44 games in the NCAA. Buchnevich has played 58 games so far, with the KHL play offs still to start. And a lot more travelling, different rink size, other environment.

Will Buchnevich help us enough for it to be worth burning 1 ELC year?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He can, but does he really have much left to go for another play off run? This is not like Kreider in 2012, who played 44 games in the NCAA. Buchnevich has played 58 games so far, with the KHL play offs still to start. And a lot more travelling, different rink size, other environment.

Will Buchnevich help us enough for it to be worth burning 1 ELC year?

It could be. There's a spot that he'd fit like a glove in.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It could be. There's a spot that he'd fit like a glove in.

Let's just say we manage to sign him and put him on the 3rd line... Would that give us a chance to win the Cup?

Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Fast-Hayes-Buchnevich
Stalberg-Moore-Lindberg

It all depends on Kreider and Stepan. Can they pick up the pace and play better in the play offs?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Buchnevich will not give this team the help it desperately needs in the areas where they really need it.

He won't be killing penalties and he isn't a LD who can kick Staal out of the lineup. He'd just be the next player that AV would go through copious amounts of mental gymnastics to justify scratching over Tanner Glass.

That or he rips it up, and Glass plays over one of Lindberg/Moore/Stalberg, neither of which are really ideal.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
He has no ice time and skated with the extras/4th liners.

Alright he's not a scratch apparently but he's def an "extra".

Haven't watched any of his games but the KHL highlight I saw of the last game he had why would u bench him if he was decent?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Haven't watched any of his games but the KHL highlight I saw of the last game he had why would u bench him if he was decent?

Because SKA is a deep team, and everyone takes a turn riding the pine, from what I hear.

However, that being said, I think Buch should be playing most, if not all, games.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Igor's the back up though in this game, which is strange, considering Ezhov has been the back up for most of the season. I guess they realized how ****ing good he is.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
3 more wins, that is. SKA was pretty good, I thought they were going to win, so this might be a close series, but Lokomotiv Yaroslavl winning the first chance increases the chances that it could be a short series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad