GDT: The Parade Thread

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Sharks 4, Pens 3, tonight and in the series.

It's been a fun season. Sad to see it end. Congrats Sharks.

[Alternatively: PARADE THREAD]

Kessel did a radio interview in Toronto this morning. He's a very upstanding citizen. His Day with the Cup is going to take place in Toronto. Should be amazing.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Just wanted to repost this. . . This is part of what makes this win so much sweeter than the 09 win. Yeah, the Wings were allowed to run interference on the regular, but this year, the Pens had a team with speed and skill that didn't just beat the teams they played against, but the league. The amount of clutching, grabbing, hooking, interference was just sooooo obvious and the league did nothing about it. And the Pens said **** the league and won anyway.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
The biggest thing about this win... our fanbase got way too bitter the last few years. Now that there is no longer the anxiety over (completely) wasting Crosby and Malkin's primes, it should be easier going forward to just enjoy the games.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Anybody know of somewhere to stream the parade?

WPXI and Penguins.nhl.com should both have a stream.

13406925_10154869575063765_8826538809154298471_n.jpg

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Just wanted to repost this. . . This is part of what makes this win so much sweeter than the 09 win. Yeah, the Wings were allowed to run interference on the regular, but this year, the Pens had a team with speed and skill that didn't just beat the teams they played against, but the league. The amount of clutching, grabbing, hooking, interference was just sooooo obvious and the league did nothing about it. And the Pens said **** the league and won anyway.

I was thinking something similar. We beat the league and its neanderthal mindset. Penguins over everything. If you can't skate with us boo-freaking-hoo

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Pens pathetic D will be exposed. Sharks in 6.

The Leastern Conference can't hang with the mighty West. The real Cup Finals was the WCF.

Seriously though, I thought I'd be sad when this season ended regardless of how it went because this team was so much fun to watch and so likable. I wasn't entirely wrong. I know the team is coming back mostly intact next year, I hope they can re-capture some of the magic.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
It was pretty cool that the Pens invited the Hockey Night in Punjabi guys to participate in the parade. I wonder how sick they'll be of people yelling BoninoBoninoBoninoBonino at them by the end of the day, though. :laugh:

They should have invited Shawn Michaels and Andrew WK as well.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
So most of the official injury news isn't out yet aside from Letang and Cullen but I thought this bit was interesting:

Olli Maatta battled through an injury that has limited his skating ability. He had to adjust his game to accommodate, basically relearning how to play the game. All the while telling the media that he had no issues and making no excuses.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=885768&cmpid=pit-twt-penguins

He was never the greatest skater but that would certainly explain why he suddenly looked so much worse.

Dr Frasier Crane

Oct 16, 2008
Boston, MA

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad