The Panarin / Kucherov Exchange

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Kucherov is with his team and still in uniform, so even if he was immensely happy for Panarin, that was neither the time nor place for Kucherov to match Panarin's excitement.

Still seems like people are reading too much into it.

Has Don Cherry ranted about it yet? I'd like to hear about the sanctity of the handshake line.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Kucherov is with his team and still in uniform, so even if he was immensely happy for Panarin, that was neither the time nor place for Kucherov to match Panarin's excitement.

Still seems like people are reading too much into it.

Has Don Cherry ranted about it yet? I'd like to hear about the sanctity of the handshake line.
Old man yells at cloud

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
As a fan, what Columbus did was great to see, but after this exchange I almost wish them to be pummeled the next round.

They are friends, and both were clearly joking.

Do you think Kucherov would have felt better going through the whole lineup like a limp noodle? Joking with a friend sounds more relieving than that.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
You've not played team sports.

Do you refer to football with my buddies or to top professional sports which you havent played either?

Do you even know anything about the psychological makeup of athletes and what it takes to be on the ice out there in the NHL?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Do you refer to football with my buddies or to top professional sports which you havent played either?

Do you even know anything about the psychological makeup of athletes and what it takes to be on the ice out there in the NHL?

Do you know about the psychological make up of Russians? They are not touchy-feeley about how a friend would take a loss that you have inflicted on them. Hell, one of the reasons Bob wants to leave Columbus is because the team asked him to see a sports psychologist to get over his playoff issues and he was furious and refused. Talking about ones issues is a weakness.

They don't ask, "How are you taking the loss? Can I help?"

Reactions: TK 421

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Nothing was more uncomfortable than Lucic threatening Weise and Emelin in the post-series handshake line ("I'm going to kill you next year") and then actually crying on camera in the lockers when being interviewed about it.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
You want to talk about classless during handshakes? 2012 when the Kings beat the Coyotes, Hanzal and Doan were *****ing incessantly ; pretty animated as well.
Not knowing what the censored word is, I will assume it means they were having intercourse. Right there on the handshake line. Like, one skating ahead of the other, slightly bent over.

That is pretty classless.

I will now look for the video.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Do you know about the psychological make up of Russians? They are not touchy-feeley about how a friend would take a loss that you have inflicted on them. Hell, one of the reasons Bob wants to leave Columbus is because the team asked him to see a sports psychologist to get over his playoff issues and he was furious and refused. Talking about ones issues is a weakness.

They don't ask, "How are you taking the loss? Can I help?"

Hmm. You are talking to a Russian CBJ fan here who lives in the Netherlands. Im just saying.

If you look at the Bread vs Kuch 'exchange' then you may notice Kuch's reaction. It says quite a lot doesnt it?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hmm. You are talking to a Russian CBJ fan here who lives in the Netherlands. Im just saying.

If you look at the Bread vs Kuch 'exchange' then you may notice Kuch's reaction. It says quite a lot doesnt it?

I am a Russian CBJ fan in Columbus. ;)

They are friends and f***ing with each other.

228f553bde122ebf24.jpg

Reactions: mikeyp24

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Was it Chris Chelios who just skipped the line altogether?

A lot of folks were disappointed.

When you’re on the winning side, some day it’ll be your turn to be on the other side, and vice versa.

Keep that in mind.
The example that comes to mind is Kane offering a similar exuberant handshake with Toews after the US beat Canada in the round-robin at Vancouver 2010. Lucky for Kane, Toews showed restraint when the tables were turned in the handshake line after the gold medal game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With the way TB lost, if Kucherov had played along and given him the high five, there would be calls for his head right now. I don't think Panarin did anything wrong--he's ****ing with a friend. But I don't see how Kucherov's reaction is wrong either. It's about what you would expect on both sides, just caught on camera.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Quite a few snowflakes in this thread.

It’s not like Panarin did this to everybody in line. He, lightheartedly, gave a close friend the business. Big deal.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is both hilarious and incredibly uncomfortable.

Read the room, Bread Man. Read the room! :laugh:

mtlmonk

Apr 21, 2014
I would not be friends with anyone who would mess with me during such a moment. If I was Kuch then Id expect to be encouraged during that moment. And not mocked or messed around with. Kuch's reaction is quite understandable.
Cry me a river...they look like buddies outside the rink...I agree teasing was a bit too far here but that's what it was...one guy coming on top of the other and being happy about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad