TV: The Outsider (HBO)

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Last episode was okay, kind of a filler. I question their strategy, now that they are all on board that this thing is supernatural on how to deal with it. Let's isolate ourselves in the middle of nowhere. They have also benefited from the best video footage ever in the history of attempting to solve a case, lol.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It gave us the back story on the Bear cave. We kind of needed that. It pretty much comes down to the finale. Either it will be considered great or trash. It all comes down to the last episode and how they tie it up.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Last episode was okay, kind of a filler. I question their strategy, now that they are all on board that this thing is supernatural on how to deal with it. Let's isolate ourselves in the middle of nowhere. They have also benefited from the best video footage ever in the history of attempting to solve a case, lol.
I loved the guy 'trying to do the right thing' by his brother who ends up screwing the whole thing up and setting up the finale. A classic... excited to see how it all plays out

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The most baffling thing about that episode to me was:
If a knife in the chest, a bullet in the chest and a stalactite in the chest didn't kill el coco, and Ralph even admitted "i don't know if you even can be killed", why did he assume that smashing the creature in the head with a boulder was going to do anything?

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I liked a lot about this show but

the confrontation with El Coco did feel a bit anticlimactic. I guess I felt Jack's confrontation with El Coco as his mom, and the supernatural strength or whatever that we saw, made El Coco out to be this tough being that would be difficult to kill. It seemed too easy?

Whenever I feel this way, there's always someone out there to make me feel like I know nothing about television or film, so who knows?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I feel like this show got progressively worse as it went on, and ended with a pretty big thud. Very underwhelmed at the whole climactic event. The show in general set up so many interesting things but once the whole
acceptance of the supernatural element occurred, more or less around the time they had that group meeting where she outlined El Cuco
it just went downhill. I feel like so much of the appeal to me was
certain characters, mainly the main character, struggling with the prospect that they could be dealing with an unknown entity.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Ending was blah.... I was really in to this show the 1st few episodes but then all the characters didn't make sense to me based on the information they had. I had thought this for many episodes before it happened last night, Jack could have taken his own life long ago, especially before he had to shoot at friends. Seemed like a miserable existence.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I noticed that too but not sure when, it just seemed like a rabbit hole since this was a one season deal, right? Even if they had a 2nd season I'm not sure I would bother with it.

People are saying like 3 episodes ago when he was in her car struggling for the keys. That's kind of lame imo.

What I thought happened or was going to.. When they kept begging the real Bolton to put the gun down. El Cuco eyes went black for a second so I thought he switched to the real Bolton and shot. So they thought he was dead but he was now using the real Boltons body to get out. Also, while they were carrying him out. I thought that was when they would have got scratched.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So people think she was scratched? Because of the mirror scene? I'm not convinced. Either I'm fine with it if it's implied she was, but I'm not sure it is implied.

Reactions: Supermassive

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So people think she was scratched? Because of the mirror scene? I'm not convinced. Either I'm fine with it if it's implied she was, but I'm not sure it is implied.
The scratch mark on her was very obvious. It would be kind of lame if it meant nothing.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I don’t think the scratch or the mirror imply that she has been infected. Just creepy fun by the writers. She has no boils on her neck. She’s clean.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
FINALLY got motivated to watch this in the last week and have to say I thought it was pretty good. Didn't read the source material (though I've read a lot of King). Very interesting melding of King and the supernatural with Richard Price (and Dennis Lehane) and a more grounded cop/investigation/procedural story. Kept me on my toes especially through the first few episodes. Very reminiscent of IT in several ways. Really good cast of pros.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad