The Out of Town Thread XCV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Head coaches quite often don't speak 1 on 1 with players. The assistant's are there to be friendlier and relay messages while the head coach talks to the ground as a whole. While we all want to hate on Therrien, this isn't anything new.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Head coaches quite often don't speak 1 on 1 with players. The assistant's are there to be friendlier and relay messages while the head coach talks to the ground as a whole. While we all want to hate on Therrien, this isn't anything new.

New or not it's stupid. Communication is the most important part of any relationship.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
New or not it's stupid. Communication is the most important part of any relationship.

The head coach isn't supposed to be their friends. Although I do agree having no communication at all is ridiculous but I doubt that was the case. Probably just tell him what he wanted to hear or pat him on the back.

At the end of teh day though, the assistant coaches are there to communicate with the players and be more friendly while the head coach is the boss.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Bruins down a goal late in the 3rd and the refs call a Flyer penalty with 2:03 left. I thought that only happened to the Habs according to Bruin fans.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
That's two players now who said that they didn't want know want MT wanted from them (Sekac and Bourque). I believe Briere made similar comments in the off-season as well.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
That's two players now who said that they didn't want know want MT wanted from them (Sekac and Bourque). I believe Briere made similar comments in the off-season as well.

Well players are babied to extremes these days. It's just part of the modern athlete and everyone is used to it. Unfortunately for them, Therrien is old school and abrasive and they clearly didn't like it.

Also, I hate Therrien and I hate sticking up for him but that's how I see it. Bunch of spoiled athletes used to running the show and a coach who believes the dynamic should still be like it was beofre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad