The Out of Town Thread XCV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I thought Montreal didn't play that badly against Anaheim.

Watching this game, I wish Anderson played the habs instead of Gibson. He has looked uncomfortable, and the first two goals were very stinky.

Can you explain our inability to score against bigger Tenders?
We seem to become even more of a perimeter team against them?
Remember when Markstrom stoned us a couple of time for Fla?
We struggle against the Holtby's and the Bishop's while owning Rask and making Fleury look bad on occasion.
We certainly didn't establish an inside position on Gibson.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Couple of things:

A) Andersen is playing terrible.
B) Fowler and Despres are getting victimized hard.
C) Hornqvist has 8 goals/20 points in 20 games against Anaheim coming into tonight (1G+1A last game). He loves playing them.
D) Seriously, Andersen is playing terrible.

Beyond the score, it's actually a pretty tight, close game on a shift-to-shift basis.

Regardless, ANA cannot score against Pitt.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
We struggle against the Holtby's and the Bishop's while owning Rask and making Fleury look bad on occasion.

You need some size in front of him and make him have difficulty seeing the puck - hence why we have problems.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I never really thought about the link between bigger goalies and the habs lack of success of scoring goals.

I just think the team has trouble scoring in general.

But in Gibson's case, the habs didn't really seem to get much of a presence around the net, but that was also partly due to Gibson being locked in and showing good rebound control. There wasn't much spillage around the net, even when habs got shots on net in some decent scoring areas.

Gibson and Anderson are in some ways like halak and price in 09/10. Anderson is halak and holding the position until Gibson establishes consistency to his game.

While I post this, Anderson allows a 3rd softie, lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You need some size in front of him and make him have difficulty seeing the puck - hence why we have problems.

Thank you!
And great answer...
So I shouldn't take RDS too seriously when they are vaunting DD's net presence? :sarcasm:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The Bruins really suck right now. They looked like a lock not too long ago but now Ottawa, Philly and Ottawa could take that last wildcard spot.

The 2nd wildcard spot looks like it's going to be Pitts or Washington...2 very good teams.

Out West it's really close and it's hard to say who will make it. It seem the Canadian teams are in danger, Vancouver,Calgary and Winnipeg trying to stay ahead of LA and SJ.

Shawarma*

The Bruins really suck right now. They looked like a lock not too long ago but now Ottawa, Philly and Ottawa could take that last wildcard spot.

The 2nd wildcard spot looks like it's going to be Pitts or Washington...2 very good teams.

Out West it's really close and it's hard to say who will make it. It seem the Canadian teams are in danger, Vancouver,Calgary and Winnipeg trying to stay ahead of LA and SJ.

Gosh, imagine if BOTH Ottawas made it!:amazed:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Gosh, imagine if BOTH Ottawas made it!:amazed:

Meant Florida...but i don't really believe it ;)

XtyO8cT.jpg

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Huge game for the Flyers against the Bruins today. Watching on Sportsnet One and have to listen to Jackoff Edwards. :(

Chara scores on the PP. 1-0 B's

If the start of this game is any indication of what it will be like the rest of the way this game is gonna be a beauty. :nod:

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Man, has White been good this season. Just drew a penalty after some strong forechecking.

Edit: Philly just scored on the PP.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Anyone see the Rene Bourque quotes on twitter. Said he and MT didn't have a good relationship there was no communication he wouldn't talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad