The Out of Town Thread XCIX- We talk about your team here. (Mod Warning post 468)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bork

May 7, 2014
Tampa bay owning Detroit... Here's to hoping that Detroit can still win the series..

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Still don't understand why the NHL is only making 1 winner. They should run the lottery until your ball comes up. That way they wouldn't reward Buffalo with a worst-case scenario of picking #2 overall. For instance, say Arizona wins #1 overall, then we keep the lottery going and perhaps San Jose comes up #2, Toronto #3 and so on. Wouldn't reward teams like Buffalo that did their best to field the worst team possible this year.

They're doing that next year for the first 3 spots in the draft. Next year, the last place team is only guaranteed pick #4. The first 3 are up for grabs to any non-playoff team.

Watch next year be the year that the Leafs finish dead last then lose the lottery to pick 4th. :laugh:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The gameplan if we're playing Tampa at some point (if we beat the Sens first and they beat the Wings) is quite simple; Hit everything in sight. Slow their forwards down. Make those bruises appear on them. They have quite a lot of players who get out of their game quite a bit when they get hit/tossed (Stamkos, Hedman and Bishop are perfect examples. Johnson can be hit also, like last year), and while not overly physical, we have the elements to get them out of their gameplan.

Right now the series between Tampa and Detroit is ridiculously soft. Bolts players can do whatever the hell they want and they don't get roughed up. It's ridiculous. It doesn't look like playoffs hockey. If we end up having to play them, you just tell DSP, JDLR, Prust, Weise and Emelin to lay the body of everything moving. You tell Gallagher to do what he does even more against Bishop. And you don't miss an occasion to chirp Stamkos. The guy is a crybaby and is bound to do stupid **** when he gets engaged.

Bang on.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
He put out his tough guys and started which kicked off a line brawl. The irony in all of this is it makes John Tortorella seem a little less crazy after what happened last year.

that's it? i thought maybe he said will see more of this, or something...

the nhl is soff. i really don't like seeing hockey as a business. but that's what it is...

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
He put out his tough guys and started which kicked off a line brawl. The irony in all of this is it makes John Tortorella seem a little less crazy after what happened last year.

Thats exactly what came to my mind when I was watching the game last night, still like Hartley though, he's emotional, he's an old school coach with such a likeable personnality that I dont see him losing his room anytime soon.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
The NHL is such a joke... really.

So Hartley gets fined 50 000 for playing his players but Cameron doesn't get anything because Murray talked to his buddy Campbell at the old boys club and everything is settled.

Ugh.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
They're doing that next year for the first 3 spots in the draft. Next year, the last place team is only guaranteed pick #4. The first 3 are up for grabs to any non-playoff team.

Watch next year be the year that the Leafs finish dead last then lose the lottery to pick 4th. :laugh:

Better than nothing. Hopefully they take that next step and do it for at least the first 14 spots.

dzd ncnfzd

Aug 8, 2007
that's it? i thought maybe he said will see more of this, or something...

the nhl is soff. i really don't like seeing hockey as a business. but that's what it is...

Yes, the NHL is now "soff_....ridiculous. What are they doing to our game oh!!!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I look at Detroit vs. Tampa and I can't imagine that being a super exciting series. I haven't even bothered to watch any of the games yet. Nothing interests me there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad