The Out of Town Thread LXXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Thats a gem coming from a habs fan. I am not here to start something but come on? Your team has been riding Price for years now and he is one of the best goalies in the league. He has carried your team soooo many times. :laugh:

True. Yet, I guess I see a difference between riding a hot goalie like Price, and being outshot 45-22 every game and if it wasn't for a RED HOT goalie, your team wouldn't be the best team in the AHL.....

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Thats a gem coming from a habs fan. I am not here to start something but come on? Your team has been riding Price for years now and he is one of the best goalies in the league. He has carried your team soooo many times. :laugh:

Well, that's true, although we quite enjoy your denigration of Price and how he can't stop a beachball.

Still, our team overall does win games and has much more punch that people think.

Price IS our MVP, as often a goalie is in the playoffs. Doesn't mean the team that wins the Cup is garbage.

You guys rode Bernier and still sucked. How do you explain that?

(You started something)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

There is a big difference.

Price is a top goalie pretty much year in and year out...much like the Rangers and Lundquist, NJ with Brodeur for years, LA with Quick, Boston with Rask etc

Anderson is a solid NHL starter most years, but last year(2012-13) he played over his head and got Ottawa to the playoffs and into the 2nd round. Then this year he went back to normal and they missed the playoff.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
i
EVERY team that has a star goalie always rides that goalie. New Jersey would have been a pretty dull team going nowhere if Brodeur wasnt in goals. I remember the Sabres stinking up the arena until hey got a guy named Hasek and the whole team all of a sudden was a better team.

Take Henrik Lundquist away from the Rangers and they never go to the finals this year.

I guess all i have seen in my life on the Leafs side is that when they have a goalie they let him do ALL the job and dont protect them and then they fizle as a team.

Best goalie i've seen un TO was Felix Potvin and that didnt last so i guess we shouldnt be taking pointers on goalie management by the Eternal Loser City that is Toronto. Thats a terminal city for goalies if you ask me...

:shakehead

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch · 3m
There is no deal close for Vinny Lecavalier and it's highly unlikely one will happen. #Sens

Vincent Lecavalier isn't likely to be traded to Ottawa.

He has four years left on a contract that carries a cap hit of $4.5 million per season. The Senators would want Philadelphia to retain $2 million per season, but the Flyers aren't keen on doing that. Ottawa may also want to send another unfavorable contract back Philadelphia's way, but that wouldn't fit the Flyers' agenda because they are trying to clear cap space. A deal between the two sides isn't believed to be close and Lecavalier's no-trade clause could halt the move

Phillie can't move him without retaining around 2 mil of salary...

Last edited:

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
i
Side note; I just put a query in Google. I asked "Explain Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie Management Theory".

I was sent to a lot of slap-stick comedy links and stand up comics links.

I asked the same question and re-phrased it to be more precise. Google answered; "Please Submit A Logical Question If You Want A Logical Answer."

so i quit looking for that... :sarcasm:

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
i
EVERY team that has a star goalie always rides that goalie. New Jersey would have been a pretty dull team going nowhere if Brodeur wasnt in goals. I remember the Sabres stinking up the arena until hey got a guy named Hasek and the whole team all of a sudden was a better team.

Take Henrik Lundquist away from the Rangers and they never go to the finals this year.

I guess all i have seen in my life on the Leafs side is that when they have a goalie they let him do ALL the job and dont protect them and then they fizle as a team.

Best goalie i've seen un TO was Felix Potvin and that didnt last so i guess we shouldnt be taking pointers on goalie management by the Eternal Loser City that is Toronto. Thats a terminal city for goalies if you ask me...

:shakehead

Riding a goalie is another sad excuse a losing team has to use to make feel themselfs better.

It's like saying teams are riding qith their 100 pts players..

Of course they are, it's the ****ing point of having star players... Lol

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch · 3m
There is no deal close for Vinny Lecavalier and it's highly unlikely one will happen. #Sens

Vincent Lecavalier isn't likely to be traded to Ottawa.

He has four years left on a contract that carries a cap hit of $4.5 million per season. The Senators would want Philadelphia to retain $2 million per season, but the Flyers aren't keen on doing that. Ottawa may also want to send another unfavorable contract back Philadelphia's way, but that wouldn't fit the Flyers' agenda because they are trying to clear cap space. A deal between the two sides isn't believed to be close and Lecavalier's no-trade clause could halt the move

Phillie can't move him without retaining around 2 mil of salary...

I'm glad PHI is having a hard time moving Vinny. Let that organisation deal with the consequences of signing washed up players to ridiculous contracts for once.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm glad PHI is having a hard time moving Vinny. Let that organisation deal with the consequences of signing washed up players to ridiculous contracts for once.

For once?

LOL

They seem to always be up against the cap and having to dump bad contracts.

They are one of the worst cap management teams in the NHL despite their deep pockets and being able to attract UFA's. Holmgren was one of the worst NHL GM's in his time at the helm and Hextall inherited his mess...

Leafspoison*

Well, that's true, although we quite enjoy your denigration of Price and how he can't stop a beachball.

Still, our team overall does win games and has much more punch that people think.

Price IS our MVP, as often a goalie is in the playoffs. Doesn't mean the team that wins the Cup is garbage.

You guys rode Bernier and still sucked. How do you explain that?

(You started something)

I can explain it very easily. The management tries to play leaf fans through media. When the GM of the day makes a move or two, they make it seem like the leafs are on the way to a parade.

Leaf Management has ruined this team and its future for years to come. Our one star is butter soft.

We had this owner and his name was Harold Ballard (just threw up in my mouth a bit) and he was greedy. Never allowed the GM's of this old days to make moves.

Look at the morons now. Nonis traded 3 picks to get Bolland. He played 23 games. We gave up 3 good picks for 23 games of Bolland then he walks.

Nonis signing Clarkson for a million years and he sucks.

You see, I am a leaf fan that can admit we suck but its not the players so much as it is the management.

The current leadership group is idiotic. Phaneuf is one of the worst captains in leaf history.

but hey, being a leaf fan teaches you patience. But we are not all fooled by the media and management in T.O.

I can't jump ship though. Been suffering for 50 years. Its like a cancer you can't chop off. Just stuck with it.

I am glad you guys got rid of Vanek. He was going to hurt you long run.

Anyway, good luck with your season. On our boards, the typical leaf fans are planning the parade.

Truth is, IMO, we got weaker.

How many times does your GM trade a D man for another D man that is not as good as the one you are sending them, then throw in a pick, then retain 200 grand in salary? Our best D man was Gunnarson. Now we have Polak (who is decent but no Gunnar).

Its like if I offer you 3 twenty dollars bills and you give me back a five.

Nonis "I'll give you 30 bucks if you give me 5, deal?" Deal

Leafspoison*

Well I can tell you 1 thing, Price ain't from Toronto ;)

Nope, born in Anahim BC, but played a lot of his hockey in T.O.

I think you have more players from Ontario than from Quebec if I am not mistaken? Your welcome. :)

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The Raptors and Jays don't have the best records in recent seasons...

And haven't won anything in forever. I ain't going to make fun of Toronto and there sports teams, but ya they haven't done nothing. It's nice to have pro franchise, but...

Heck even the Impact have been better then TFC and they've been in the league for a couple of years less

Leafspoison*

The Raptors and Jays don't have the best records in recent seasons...

Jays 47 and 40 right now....and 2 world series. Raptors also heading in the right direction.

Both teams still have more wins than your teams.....OH wait?

On a positive note, I am a Price fan and we will have a great tender for team Canada for years.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I sure as hell don't feel bad for Vinny, considering all the crap he said about "making the good choice" after he was booed at the Bell Centre, and showing his true colors as the eternal loser/choker that he is.

Good for him.

Leafspoison*

I sure as hell don't feel bad for Vinny, considering all the crap he said about "making the good choice" after he was booed at the Bell Centre, and showing his true colors as the eternal loser/choker that he is.

Good for him.

agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad