The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
hard to blame a guy for being addicted to pain killers especially after the abuse he put his body through for that very same team, the kind of abuse that was a big part of bringing 2 cups.

but then again, its just a piss-poor excuse by lombardi to rid himself of a contract so **** him

Actually, it's very easy to blame him. He isn't the only player putting his body through the "abuse". And it's not like he was putting his body through the "abuse" solely for the Kings' benefit--he was getting paid millions, wasn't he?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No UFA really sticks out so you can wager that trades will highlight the day...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Apparently Saad is upset he got traded, rumour has it as bad communications between him and his agent.

Would not be upset if he plays hard ball with CBJ in an attempt to get them to trade him elsewhere...

Jackets are quietly setting up to be a damn good team for years to come, hope saad forces them to tie up a big chunk of cap to keep him.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Maybe if they retain 3-4M per, otherwise, no thanks.

Is this a joke ? It's the Leafs who would say no... If that was only what was needed to land him, MB would have a statue of himself build in front of the Bell Centre...

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Is this a joke ? It's the Leafs who would say no... If that was only what was needed to land him, MB would have a statue of himself build in front of the Bell Centre...

exactly. I didn't add more because of Kessel's salary. Kessel is exactly the guy we need and I'd pay a lot for him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
exactly. I didn't add more because of Kessel's salary. Kessel is exactly the guy we need and I'd pay a lot for him.
Lots could be said about Kessel. I'd want to add him as I agree we do need his skills. Doesn't look like the Leafs want to trade him to Montreal though and I can understand that.

Anyways, throw this into the trade proposal thread and see what people think.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
For the first time in his life Crosby is going to play a full season witu a talented winger.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Actually, it's very easy to blame him. He isn't the only player putting his body through the "abuse". And it's not like he was putting his body through the "abuse" solely for the Kings' benefit--he was getting paid millions, wasn't he?

Hard to think these guys are human

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah congrats to MSL on a great career. It was ****** what he did to TB/Yzerman, but they are in fact a stronger team because of it. MSL worked his ass off to have success in the NHL. He was a waiver wire dump who became one of the best players of his era with TB. That takes guts, work ethic, determination and resiliency.

Good luck to him.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Yeah congrats to MSL on a great career. It was ****** what he did to TB/Yzerman, but they are in fact a stronger team because of it.

Well, obviously we don't know the details of what hapenned. But my feeling is that being neglected for team Canada when he was the reigning Art Ross winner was sort of the last straw in a long serie of rejections he had to endure because of his size.

And, as I wrote on the main board: Marty can finally skip leg days! A well deserved rest for these two weapons of massive transportation.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The Voynov situation has been resolved for the Kings/NHL according to Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times (twitter) he's pleaded No Contest to a misdemeanor charge of corporal injury to a spouse. He serves 90 days in jail and gets 3 years probation.

The misdemeanor means he also doesn't get deported and can still work in the States. Wonder if there will be further punishment from the NHL?

Ooops, apparently he could be deported. Defense is saying it's not mandatory, but prosecution might seek it?

All from twitter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad