The Out of Town Thread CII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Anthony DeAngelo had 89pts in 55 games. In terms of offensive defensemen he was by far the best in the OHL.

To your point, the Canucks will probably sign him eventually.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I'd definitely go after PK's little brother. Especially if he's available for cheap. He's pretty small though.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Anthony DeAngelo had 89pts in 55 games. In terms of offensive defensemen he was by far the best in the OHL.

To your point, the Canucks will probably sign him eventually.

Yeah but Jordan had no supporting cast. He was alone on the Bulls.

He was named a finalist to the defenceman of the year, cauze he was really good on both side of the ice.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
PK's brother was probably the best defenceman in the OHL this year. Like PK he developped on the late and he had a really good overall year.

Now he is still not signed. Word is Subban wont sign with the Canucks and he will be eligible for the 2015 nhl entry draft. Nucks apparently made him two offers and hes not answering. Could it be possible he wants to join his brother's team?

I think MB should send a 4th draft pick right now for Jordan's rights. Because with what he showed this year, he could be gone by the 2nd round and we dont have a pick. Might as well securised him by giving Vancouver a "little" something.

We have a very thin prospect pool in D and Jordans -like PK- got it all. He might never be a top30 dman in the NHL, but he could easily become a great number 3-4.

I think he'd fit in well in our prospect pool, what yall think?

Got any sources for this? Thats not something that happens often so I wanted to know

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Got any sources for this? Thats not something that happens often so I wanted to know

You can watch the Nucks board theres a thread opened about it sending to multiple sources. I do agree with you that we dont see this much often. But in the end, if its good for our organisation, i like it :) and we know MB wanted to draft him but the Nucks took him just one pick before. Might still be interested now that he grew up into a better player.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I would do a prospect swap.

Something around Nygren or Dietz for Subban could work out.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Yeah but Jordan had no supporting cast. He was alone on the Bulls.

He was named a finalist to the defenceman of the year, cauze he was really good on both side of the ice.

True, he definitely was good from the few game I saw him play. From what I read it's that they haven't spoken to him yet, not that his agent isn't returning their calls. I might have missed something though.

Here's the article from the Canucks board: http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/201...-offseason-priorities-sharp-canucks-and-habs/

News 1130 Sports: (May 4th) The agent for Canucks Brad Richardson and Jordan Subban said there have been no further contract talks, but added: “I assume talks will pick up again in the next week or so.”

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I would do a prospect swap.

Something around Nygren or Dietz for Subban could work out.

I prefer Dietz but Nygren might make sense for us. Vancouver has a good Swedish core that might make it win win for both Nygren and Nucks.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
If he wasn't PK's brother, would we be talking about giving up a 4th rounder for a 5'9 defenceman?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I get that he has performed well, but does he suit our needs, given our direction to try and combine size and speed? If he turns out to be a Krug type player, good. Odds aren't in his favour.

Why not ?

I mean Nygren isn't going to play for us any time soon.

He is the type of boom/bust prospect that you can afford to take a flyer on with our current D

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I think we should rather take a look at Trevor Murphy instead of Jordan. He was on a worse team than Subban, but performed a lot better imo, on both end of the ice, and unlike Subban his goaltenders were terrible for the whole year.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
If he wasn't PK's brother, would we be talking about giving up a 4th rounder for a 5'9 defenceman?

Probably less so, sure, but Jordan still has value besides his last name. As others have said: 25 goals, OHL defenseman of the year finalist, likely wouldn't cost that much, Habs wanted him at the draft...if the situation presents itself, why not take a chance?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I certainly wouldn't give up a 3rd for Jordan. Not in this draft. If they want to take a few of our prospects off our hands like Bournival and Thomas, I'd consider it.

There's maybe a half dozen defensemen in the NHL at 5'10 and under. Will he be another one? Or will he be another Aaron Ness.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Just wanted to make sure it was true cause like I said it doesnt happen often. If thats the case, Montreal should offer a 6th rounder has he would probably sign with Montreal and VAN wont want to lose him for nothing. Other teams might be scared of drafting him too since they wont know if he will sign with them or not

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I certainly wouldn't give up a 3rd for Jordan. Not in this draft. If they want to take a few of our prospects off our hands like Bournival and Thomas, I'd consider it.

There's maybe a half dozen defensemen in the NHL at 5'10 and under. Will he be another one? Or will he be another Aaron Ness.

I'd trade Nygren's rights for Jordan. I think it would be fair compensation for a player they might lose for nothing.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Eller was drafted by the Blues. Replace Eller with Weber, we drafted after Subban.

Apologies for not being clear—I wanted to show 2007 draft picks who are playing for the Canadiens (assuming Montreal had kept McDonagh).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad