The Out of Town Thread CII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well while I shouldn't look at the regular season too much......by doing it you see that the Rangers had a lot more problems with the Isles than the Caps. It,s not often about who's better....it's often about the matchups.

A1

Everything is awful
Oct 15, 2005
Montreal, Qc
Their fans must be livid, I guess the islanders are just practicing for their new building where only one net is visible from the upper deck

Sword

May 26, 2014
Glad to see the Caps finally playing well defensively. Congrats to them and hopefully they take out the Rags.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Thus ends one of the better series in the first round. The Caps were full value for the win and deserved to go through. A better defensive team than past incarnations. Now, if they can only beat Lundqvist.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Pierre McGuire to Brooks Orpik "You were a UFA and could have went anywhere but you chose the caps, many teams wanted you. why did you choose them?"

Orpik "...Long pause...Welllllll"

I'm sure many teams offered him 27 million over 5 years :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Too bad the Isles couldn't advance. I think an all NY series would have been a blast and have a better chance of an upset.

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
Pierre McGuire to Brooks Orpik "You were a UFA and could have went anywhere but you chose the caps, many teams wanted you. why did you chose them?"

Orpik "...Long pause...Welllllll"

I'm sure many teams offered him 27 million over 5 years :sarcasm:

Similar question to Pouliot on 'chosing' the Oilers by someone from tsn

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Why? He was a great Hab.

im guessing its schadenfreude from the ones that wanted to trade price instead of halak :dunno:

i can admit i get a perverse pleasure at seeing him struggle, not because he was bad but for us or beccause hes a bad guy, but because i told you so. and the more you can rub it on the nose of those that wanted to trade price - and they're still around - the better.

remember that "price is not a top 5 goalie" thread? started by a habs fan...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
im guessing its schadenfreude from the ones that wanted to trade price instead of halak :dunno:

i can admit i get a perverse pleasure at seeing him struggle, not because he was bad but for us or beccause hes a bad guy, but because i told you so. and the more you can rub it on the nose of those that wanted to trade price - and they're still around - the better.

remember that "price is not a top 5 goalie" thread? started by a habs fan...

I seem to remember that guy was goaded by opponents into claiming he was not even top 15.

Good times.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Do those gifs really need to be that big? This page is so ****ing laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad