The Out of Town Thread C-The Non-Hab Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I didn't catch the score of last night's Bruins game.:sarcasm: Was it reported in this morning's Boston Globe?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Also I like how it's the playoffs yet 2 of the articles on Sportsnet's front page are about the Leafs. "Ghosts of Leafs trades past haunting playoffs" and "Memories of Maple Leafs and playoffs past". Technically 3 if you include "Watch for Leafs', Oilers' bonus first rounders". Who gives a ****.

Sportsnet has been an unmitigated disaster in so many ways. I am incredibly disappointed that this is what we are stuck with for so long... All I can pray is that the NHL has an out clause but it's obvious they don't.

They are trying to grow the game but I think Sportsnet is going to hurt what it could become. Everything about their production screams amateur, low quality. They blew their budget on getting the rights and now can't put on a good enough show. They weren't even able to poach any of the major TSN guys, that's REALLY bad.

I mean when TSN doesn't even have hockey anymore and is still able to be the #1 trade deadline and draft show that's a major issue.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I think TB is overrated. Very offensively minded teams don't see to get far in the POs.
It was Washington's mentality and they failed every year. They're playing a much better overall game now.
I don't think TB has more fire power than Washington had. Their defense is a bit better but it's really not that impressive and Bishop is playing like crap right now.

There's no way I would favor them over Price.

Right now Bishop is playing some of the worst hockey he's ever played. Feels good seeing all these teams that had high hopes based on completely unproven goalies falling back down to earth.

When the playoffs roll around, you really get to see what makes Hank or Price or even Halak most worthy of their contract. Goalies with playoff experience cannot be relied on enough once the puck drops.

Even last night in the triple OT, Rinne kept NSH in a game they had no business playing in until triple OT, he made some amazing stops. Experienced vets who know what to expect come playoff time make all the difference and that starts with who you have between the pipes.

People said we'd get rocked by Tampa last time, I understand they didn't have Bishop but given how he's played thus far, we'd be sweeping them right now if they had played us. I know we wouldn't have been outshot as badly as Detroit has been.

I told my buddy before the game the other night, if you're a betting man never bet against Pavel Datsyuk and Mike Babcock, it's a losing game plan :laugh: Then I get a call early on in the game from my buddy laughing, Datsyuk had already scored. You can't have enough guys like him in the playoffs, true game breaking players who show up when it counts.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
11 more years of those people in charge, let that sink in..... :help:

TSN is/was the same with Leafs stuff. Has nothing to do with the TV deal.

I'm not totally convinced Detroit can take Tampa out but it would be hilarious. Once the Habs went up 3-0 against the Sens, I saw Tampa fans talking about having one foot in the ECF, as if they were already past the Wings and Habs.

There's been a new batch of Tampa fans popping up around here the last year or two that are just unbearable.

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
Sekac about to be a healthy scratch for the 4th game in a row

man what is Boudreau thinking??? His corsi and G/60 (or wtv) is amazing! Super super skilled and talented. Can be a first line player. 15 other teams wanted him!!!!

Did i miss anything?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Right now Bishop is playing some of the worst hockey he's ever played. Feels good seeing all these teams that had high hopes based on completely unproven goalies falling back down to earth.

When the playoffs roll around, you really get to see what makes Hank or Price or even Halak most worthy of their contract. Goalies with playoff experience cannot be relied on enough once the puck drops.

Even last night in the triple OT, Rinne kept NSH in a game they had no business playing in until triple OT, he made some amazing stops. Experienced vets who know what to expect come playoff time make all the difference and that starts with who you have between the pipes.

People said we'd get rocked by Tampa last time, I understand they didn't have Bishop but given how he's played thus far, we'd be sweeping them right now if they had played us. I know we wouldn't have been outshot as badly as Detroit has been.

I told my buddy before the game the other night, if you're a betting man never bet against Pavel Datsyuk and Mike Babcock, it's a losing game plan :laugh: Then I get a call early on in the game from my buddy laughing, Datsyuk had already scored. You can't have enough guys like him in the playoffs, true game breaking players who show up when it counts.

Well to be fair, Halak had an amazing run with us as a green PO guy.
Mrazek with Detroit is playing really well as a rookie. Darling has been good for Chicago too.
Bishop is also 28. Yes, he didn't have experience in the POs, but he's not a young rookie.
Hammond, well, he's a career AHL guy, it really isn't surprising that his bubble burst. However, I don't think he was particularly worse than he was during regular season. He's not the reason why they lost. Same with Bishop, I mean, he's been bad, but TB only had 22 shots yesterday. 22! They're supposed to be the best offensive team in the NHL and couldn't break the 25 shot mark? This despite having like 6 or more PPs? So ya, it's beyond Bishop the problem in TB, and if they can't fix it they will lose this series.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
There's been a new batch of Tampa fans popping up around here the last year or two that are just unbearable.

Tampa is like St. Louis Blues East around HF. Two teams that get praise dumped on them constantly and put on airs of greatness and dominance but that haven't won jack in the playoffs.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Sportsnet has been an unmitigated disaster in so many ways. I am incredibly disappointed that this is what we are stuck with for so long... All I can pray is that the NHL has an out clause but it's obvious they don't.

They are trying to grow the game but I think Sportsnet is going to hurt what it could become. Everything about their production screams amateur, low quality. They blew their budget on getting the rights and now can't put on a good enough show. They weren't even able to poach any of the major TSN guys, that's REALLY bad.

I mean when TSN doesn't even have hockey anymore and is still able to be the #1 trade deadline and draft show that's a major issue.

Thank God for the NBC game last night is all I can say...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tampa is like St. Louis Blues East around HF. Two teams that get praise dumped on them constantly and put on airs of greatness and dominance but that haven't won jack in the playoffs.

Tampa haven't quite figured it all out yet.
Stamkos is nada from what I'm seeing so far.
Didn't this same crop of youth square off in the AHL?
Seems to me Detroit's club took that matchup...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Tampa haven't quite figured it all out yet.
Stamkos is nada from what I'm seeing so far.
Didn't this same crop of youth square off in the AHL?
Seems to me Detroit's club took that matchup...

I dunno.. but I'd really love to start getting some Nyquists, Tatars, Kucherovs and Palats with our picks sometime soon.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

The current editions, yes. But the younger franchise of the 2 does have a cup.

I like that comparison from an HF view pov though.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Sekac about to be a healthy scratch for the 4th game in a row

man what is Boudreau thinking??? His corsi and G/60 (or wtv) is amazing! Super super skilled and talented. Can be a first line player. 15 other teams wanted him!!!!

Did i miss anything?

Trade deadline!!!

Wiz is also a healthy scratch
Franson and Santorelli have been scratched
Vermette was scratched

Overpay overpay!!!!!!!!!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Mrzek or whatever it's called is only 23! That kind of amazing...

I remember watching him in the 2012 WJC. He impressed me with no only his skill but personality. He has all the tools to be a good number goalie.

The Wings are sure exposing Bishop's weakness which is good to see. He looks like God against us but in reality he can be beat.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I still think Tampa wins the series but I'm a little surprised they looked as bad as they did in games 1 and 3. I also can't believe their powerplay is as bad as it is, given all their offensive firepower.

Also Bishop's not to blame for them being down but he's looked pretty beatable.

I can't believe they are sitting the guy who killed the Habs the last time they played in Mtl, and had 100+ points in the past three Q playoffs. Just a guess..but I'd say it's been a while since another CHL player had 100 playoff points before his 19th birthday. 2.5 PPG over his Q playoff career...which to me is incredible. I watched him carve up Gatineau two of the previous three springs.

Cooper is anointed a genius..but he's out thinking himself starting the likes of Namestnikov and other unproven playoff performers ahead of Drouin. The kid is money come playoff time. Yzerman didn't draft him over the likes of Seth Jones to be sitting in the press box this time of year.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Drouin did go nearly four months without a goal before scoring on the Habs.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I can't believe they are sitting the guy who killed the Habs the last time they played in Mtl, and had 100+ points in the past three Q playoffs. Just a guess..but I'd say it's been a while since another CHL player had 100 playoff points before his 19th birthday. 2.5 PPG over his Q playoff career...which to me is incredible. I watched him carve up Gatineau two of the previous three springs.

Cooper is anointed a genius..but he's out thinking himself starting the likes of Namestnikov and other unproven playoff performers ahead of Drouin. The kid is money come playoff time. Yzerman didn't draft him over the likes of Seth Jones to be sitting in the press box this time of year.

Cooper gets called a genius because his team scores a lot of goals. He makes a lot of really questionable decisions. Drouin sitting might be one of them (his treatment of Drouin for the whole year has been weird, honestly). Running with Lindback for most of the series last year was definitely one.

Apparently he's not making any changes to his line-up for Game 4 so either he'll get credit for not panicking or he'll further his reputation as a guy who's too slow in making the necessary adjustments.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Is it really Drouin's play keeping him out of the line-up? It could be attitude reasons..

He's being outplayed by other young players plus they have to dress some role players. A lot of the young guys playing ahead of him are 21-22-23 with AHL seasoning...Kucherov Palat Paquette Brown Namstnikov plus older role players Morrow and Boyle

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Our European scouts appear to suck.

Let me look..

2014 - No players drafted out of Europe
2013 - Jacob De La Rose - Currently playing on the Montreal Canadiens
Arturri Lehkonen - Produced well at WJCs, produced in Finland, produced in SHL despite a long slump.. still projects as a 2nd line winger.
2012 - Sebastien Collberg - Struggling in the AHL level currently
Erik Nystrom - Bust.
2011 - Magnus Nygren - Good selection, doesn't like N.A., likely a bust for this reason
Daniel Pribyl - Unsigned due to footspeed presumably.
2010 - John Westin - Bust.

Hopefully 2013 is the turning point..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad