The Out of Town Thread C-The Non-Hab Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

Ignoring the fact its 3-1 hawks, what do you think is the overall series record of teams who have won a triple OT game? That has got to be beyond demoralizing.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm not totally convinced Detroit can take Tampa out but it would be hilarious. Once the Habs went up 3-0 against the Sens, I saw Tampa fans talking about having one foot in the ECF, as if they were already past the Wings and Habs.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Love it that Detroit is up on the Lighting. They are the only team I really feared for this playoffs. If they are eliminated, making it out of the East will be a lot easier, as I think we could take them. Also, a matchup against the Wings will be the first one in I don't know how many years.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Love it that Detroit is up on the Lighting. They are the only team I really feared for this playoffs. If they are eliminated, making it out of the East will be a lot easier, as I think we could take them. Also, a matchup against the Wings will be the first one in I don't know how many years.

1937 – Detroit win 3-2, Demi-final
1939 – Detroit win 2-1, Round 1
1942 – Detroit win 2-1, Round 1
1949 – Detroit win 4-3, Demi-final
1951 – Montréal win 4-2, Demi-final
1952 – Detroit win 4-0, Stanley Cup Final
1954 – Detroit win 4-3, Stanley Cup Final
1955 – Detroit win 4-3, Stanley Cup Final
1956 – Montréal win 4-1, Stanley Cup Final
1958 – Montréal win 4-0, Demi-final
1966 – Montréal win 4-2, Stanley Cup Final
1978 – Montréal win 4-1, Round 1

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

The Red Wings have so much experience, and the best coach in the world as well who can adapt to any style. We would have to rough them up, especially Datsyuk and other forwards.

Anyways neither team is on to the 2nd round, I don't think Tampa is out just yet. Detroit was great against the Bruins in the 1st round last year as well.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Red Wings have so much experience, and the best coach in the world as well who can adapt to any style. We would have to rough them up, especially Datsyuk and other forwards.

Anyways neither team is on to the 2nd round, I don't think Tampa is out just yet. Detroit was great against the Bruins in the 1st round last year as well.
I fear the Lightning more than the Wings. If we could avoid them it would be a big boost for us.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I fear the Lightning more than the Wings. If we could avoid them it would be a big boost for us.

Me too, but I don't think the Wings would be a walk in the park

I also think we won't be playing the Bolts the same way we did in the regular season, I still think we could take them.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I still think Tampa wins the series but I'm a little surprised they looked as bad as they did in games 1 and 3. I also can't believe their powerplay is as bad as it is, given all their offensive firepower.

Also Bishop's not to blame for them being down but he's looked pretty beatable.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Also I like how it's the playoffs yet 2 of the articles on Sportsnet's front page are about the Leafs. "Ghosts of Leafs trades past haunting playoffs" and "Memories of Maple Leafs and playoffs past". Technically 3 if you include "Watch for Leafs', Oilers' bonus first rounders". Who gives a ****.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Me too, but I don't think the Wings would be a walk in the park

I also think we won't be playing the Bolts the same way we did in the regular season, I still think we could take them.

I think TB is overrated. Very offensively minded teams don't see to get far in the POs.
It was Washington's mentality and they failed every year. They're playing a much better overall game now.
I don't think TB has more fire power than Washington had. Their defense is a bit better but it's really not that impressive and Bishop is playing like crap right now.

There's no way I would favor them over Price.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Also I like how it's the playoffs yet 2 of the articles on Sportsnet's front page are about the Leafs. "Ghosts of Leafs trades past haunting playoffs" and "Memories of Maple Leafs and playoffs past". Technically 3 if you include "Watch for Leafs', Oilers' bonus first rounders". Who gives a ****.

11 more years of those people in charge, let that sink in..... :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad