Confirmed with Link: The Ottawa Senators Sale - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Does it bother anyone that he’s such a big mtl fan? Thinking about the psychology behind owning a team other than your lifetime favourite and going up against them. Obviously he’ll be split. Does it matter?
Ideally we have a passionate Ottawa fan as owner but can’t everything.
I think when you own a team it's a little different. Barely any players seem to care about playing for their boyhood teams once they are actually established in the NHL so I imagine owning a team is similar. You would feel more mentally invested into the team you're actually own than the one you were merely a fan of.

Andlauer was very quick to move an OHL team to Hamilton after the Habs moved their AHL affiliate (which he owned) out of the city. He doesn't appear to have any special connection to the city aside from his hockey interest. So he clearly became invested in Hamilton's fate as a hockey city even after his Habs left.

I think we'll be fine.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Does it bother anyone that he’s such a big mtl fan? Thinking about the psychology behind owning a team other than your lifetime favourite and going up against them. Obviously he’ll be split. Does it matter?
Ideally we have a passionate Ottawa fan as owner but can’t everything.

Not really

Imagine owning a professional sports team, your allegiances would switch quickly. This is now his team.

The same goes for players. Look at all the players we drafted that were fans of our rivals growing up.

Reactions: Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad