Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
deal-no.gif

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
The fact that it’s been so quiet over the past few days must mean a deal is finally at hand…..right?

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
The NHL obviously has its preference in the familiar faces in Andlauer or Kimels

Do we know Can the NHL force the Melnyks to sell to one of those even if the gap is a $65 million dollar difference from the top bid Apostolopoulos (assuming Apostolopoulos bid checks out) ??

And if your the other NHL Owners like Murray Edwards who hasn't been shy of his goal of increasing NHL team values:

Wouldn't you prefer Apostolopoulos bid as it rises NHL team values over having someone 'familiar ' to join the NHL country club ?

Let's hear everyone's thoughts :)

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The NHL obviously has its preference in the familiar faces in Andlauer or Kimels

Do we know Can the NHL force the Melnyks to sell to one of those even if the gap is a $65 million dollar difference from the top bid Apostolopoulos (assuming Apostolopoulos bid checks out) ??

And if your the other NHL Owners like Murray Edwards who hasn't been shy of his goal of increasing NHL team values:

Wouldn't you prefer Apostolopoulos bid as it rises NHL team values over having someone 'familiar ' to join the NHL country club ?

Let's hear everyone's thoughts :)
Word has it that the Melnyk girls want to keep 10%. I can understand that but that comes with downstream possibilities that there are cash calls if the business is in operational trouble.

If I'm them, there's no way I choose what is reputed to be the least financially stable group amongst the 4 bids. So I think the Sparks group is out and IDGAF which of the other 3 gets it.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I guess the most interesting thing about Brucie's latest article is that he says the Kimels revised their offer on the weekend. Maybe that thing about them getting more "upfront" funding is true.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
Wondering if Apostolopoulos would up his offer so he would be the clear winner that they would have to pick him

Not letting NHL have its favorites

Reactions: Levard

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I kind of hope so. Andlauer acting like he should be the favourite and is entitled to the team because he attends Bettman's BBQs or whatever always rubbed me the wrong way.
But that is the way that right wing laissez-faire conservative corporations work!

Word has it that the Melnyk girls want to keep 10%. I can understand that but that comes with downstream possibilities that there are cash calls if the business is in operational trouble.

If I'm them, there's no way I choose what is reputed to be the least financially stable group amongst the 4 bids. So I think the Sparks group is out and IDGAF which of the other 3 gets it.
Retaining 10% is fine since they would have received about 90-100% of the bid price and therefore should have no concern about future cash calls. :)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Should be a clause in the agreement if the Melnyks don't make the cash calls that the majority owner can buy them out.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
Should be a clause in the agreement if the Melnyks don't make the cash calls that the majority owner can buy them out.
Is that how it works normally?

They were saying because Andlauer and or Kimmels don't have the cash like Apostolopoulos... that they were trying to negotiate less cash but higher equity % for the Melnyks

So instead of 10% legacy piece

Melnyks would instead have 20% legacy piece ....

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Is that how it works normally?

They were saying because Andlauer and or Kimmels don't have the cash like Apostolopoulos... that they were trying to negotiate less cash but higher equity % for the Melnyks

So instead of 10% legacy piece

Melnyks would instead have 20% legacy piece ....

Thats how it could work. Depends on what the Melnyks want. Hell they could even negotiate 10% equity while being immune to cash calls if the other side agrees to it. which wont happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad