News Article: The Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs expect to have full capacity, but awaiting green light

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Two months from today, the Toronto Maple Leafs will host the Montreal Canadiens in their season opener at Scotiabank Arena and it’s anybody’s guess how many fans will be in the 19,800-seat building.
The next night, the Leafs will travel to the Canadian Tire Centre to take on the Ottawa Senators and their home opener Oct. 14 at the Canadian Tire Centre. Again, nobody knows how many of the 18,153 seats will be sold.

GARRIOCH: The Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs expect to have full capacity, but awaiting green light | Ottawa Sun

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
What are the odds that COVID screws things up. 500+ new cases per day now. Proof of vaccination required?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Only allowed 15,000 in an outdoor venue, so it’s not going to be full capacity.
Blue jays allowed about 1/3 capacity.
Also as of today, limited to 1000 attendees.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I definitely support mandatory vaccines for sens games, but I wonder what it will look like in practice? If we don’t get some kind of vaccine card, I can’t imagine how long the lines will be if people are fumbling through their email inbox to find their vaccine receipts, and we’ve already seen that these receipts are easily editable for those who might lie. Would it be as simple (and therefore pointless) as an attestation when you purchase a ticket?

I know the federal government will be doing something, but I doubt it’s in place by October. Should be interesting at least.

Reactions: aragorn

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I definitely support mandatory vaccines for sens games, but I wonder what it will look like in practice? If we don’t get some kind of vaccine card, I can’t imagine how long the lines will be if people are fumbling through their email inbox to find their vaccine receipts, and we’ve already seen that these receipts are easily editable for those who might lie. Would it be as simple (and therefore pointless) as an attestation when you purchase a ticket?

I know the federal government will be doing something, but I doubt it’s in place by October. Should be interesting at least.

Since we're getting ours on Sept 1st in Quebec, I read in some articles that the federal government would be adapting the ArriveCan app (or branch out a new version specifically for Canadians) to show proof of vaccination when traveling abroad and that provinces were free to use it as they see fit. Quebec already said they'd sync up with that system although details are tbc.

Reactions: Smeddy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Since we're getting ours on Sept 1st in Quebec, I read in some articles that the federal government would be adapting the ArriveCan app (or branch out a new version specifically for Canadians) to show proof of vaccination when traveling abroad and that provinces were free to use it as they see fit. Quebec already said they'd sync up with that system although details are tbc.

Ok, so what will they do for people who don't have a smartphone?

My parents are silent gen and have never gotten on board with that tech.

Reactions: Dino Tkachuk

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My buddy had to fight with the RedBlacks to get another season ticket card like the last ones they gave out. They all want to go digital, but I still know a number of people with flip-phones who aren't interested in smart phones. I think they will make exceptions for some & allow them hard copies for a while longer, but we all know it's the future.

I got a vaccine receipt from Ottawa Health, but all it is is a printed copy with no bar code or QR code & easily replicated. No idea why they haven't made it harder to copy or maybe something better is coming. It's clearly cheaper for them to go digital rather than pay for paper copies or digital cards & everyone is trying to cut costs where ever they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad