OT: The Other Sports Thread VI - The NFL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This makes me 1-2 for the weekend and now I have to hope for a Chicago win to bring me back to respectability. Which, for a lifelong Packers fan, is really something else :laugh:

Reactions: GoodKiwi

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This makes me 1-2 for the weekend and now I have to hope for a Chicago win to bring me back to respectability. Which, for a lifelong Packers fan, is really something else :laugh:
LAC winning is my first missed prediction. Hoping to finish the WC weekend at 3-1. :P

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What was shocking to me about this game - how not close the game really has been. I mean that amazing BAL D held it close for a long time, but you couldn't have expected that to continue given how much time it was spending on the field.

BAL offence put up a legendarily awful performance today. -2 passing yards and only 74 yards total so far. :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This game failed to live up to my expectations big time. The entire second half of it has been boring as hell. Have to say that only one game of the three so far was definitely worth watching.

As awful of a thing it is for me to say... I hope CHI doesn't blow the doors off PHI early on so we could enjoy some competitive football.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I fell asleep in the middle of the 2nd quarter, I guess I didn't miss much. What a week-end of crap football. Maybe Chicago and Philly will save us.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I can't believe the Ravens didn't go back to Flacco in the second half. At least Jackson looked somewhat competent for parts of the fourth quarter. Glad Baltimore lost though.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Bennet you stupid sack of meat and bones! What a dumb ass penalty to take there.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This is totally nuts! Have never seen anything like this in my life!

A catch and then a fumble that was not recovered by either team?! The ball just sat there until a ref grabbed it! :laugh:

So, they say if you catch a pass and then fumble it there must be a ball recovery by either team or the pass is incomplete. Even if said ball remains in-bounds.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The first half has been such a comedy or errors, I don't think I've ever seen a game like it.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Just bizarre nobody bothered to pounce on that ball especially the Birds. I have to see the play again. Did an umpire motion it was incomplete so they quit on the play?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Players are always told to automatically take it and run if there's anything close to a fumble or a dropped ball. That was a major brainfart.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Just bizarre nobody bothered to pounce on that ball especially the Birds. I have to see the play again. Did an umpire motion it was incomplete so they quit on the play?
It looked like only the latter to me, but to be honest every time they replayed that my eyes we more fixed on the ball just laying there on the ground and a zebra eventually picking it up. The referee that did pick it up didn't motion anything. The others were out of the frame, so I can't speak to them. :laugh:

The Eagles definitely assumed it was an incomplete pass though, you could tell by how they reacted by running toward the sideline bragging.

P.S. I, myself, assumed it was an incomplete pass as it happened in real time. It was difficult to notice the receiver taking that third step from the original camera angle.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Another lacklustre effort by the teams. I get the feeling this week-end's winners are all gonna get crushed next week. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad