OT: The Other Sports Thread VI - The NFL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Another?

This might be the best regular season NFL game I've ever seen, and I say it as someone who likes defense over offense.

Make it 54-54 then OT and it is the most epic MNF. :laugh:

[update] Interception...

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Add one more INT to the image for Mahomes.

Attachments

• 2018-11-19_235811.png
    2018-11-19_235811.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Man the Chiefs offense is ridiculous. In both their losses, they totaled 91 points for an average of 45.5 per game!! Can't say the same about their defense though...

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The Titans are a really bad team, but have a way better coach than the Jets. I assume they'll come back and win this after being down 16-0.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Harold Baines getting into the HOF is a joke. Larry Walker has to get in now. He was a far superior player than Baines who could not play defense and had no speed.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It does set something of a precedent for guys that have mostly played DH getting into the hall. It used to be a no-no and now Edgar Martinez has to get in too since he was actually way better. Bained never even reached a lot of the traditional milestones required to get in as well ( 3000 hits notably) . The bar has been lowered quite a bit.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It does set something of a precedent for guys that have mostly played DH getting into the hall. It used to be a no-no and now Edgar Martinez has to get in too since he was actually way better. Bained never even reached a lot of the traditional milestones required to get in as well ( 3000 hits notably) . The bar has been lowered quite a bit.

A lot actually. Baines was not much better than Grissom. He had a longer career but longevity should not get you into the HOF.

The guy produced 100 RBI only three times. Never hit 30 HR. Never hit 40 doubles. His best rank for MVP was 9th. He has only one SS trophy and no GG obviously. He could not play defense. He was slow and only stole 34 bases in his career despite playing for over 20 seasons. Batting for 289 in career which is good but not HOF worthy alone and his best season was 322.

Walker was a far superior player in pretty much every conceivable way. He has 7 GG. Won the MVP once. Three SS. He bats for 313 in career. Produced 100 RBI five times. Scored 100 runs 4 times. He also has 4 30+ HR seasons. In his prime he had speed and power and was a best in class defensive player.

Yesterday there was a debate to know if Walker should be there or not but now he 100% totally must be in the HOF. Even Alou was a better player than Baines imo.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Just what I thought. :laugh:

Whaddya think -- KC's game to lose?

To be honest, I believe LAC can hang with them. Bosa seems finally healthy and dominating-self last few games. I guess what I'm saying is everything depends on the LAC front seven on defence. If they can rattle Mahomes they have a good chance of winning the game. They need to set the tone early on and, if they do, they are going take it IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad