OT: The Other Sports Thread VI - The NFL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This was a testament to how much baseball has become a bullpen game now . Teams really need to have the 6th to the 9th innings figured out coming in and the Dodgers didn't, outside of Kenley Jansen, who was overworked as it is.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Sale strikes out Machado for the last out.

And the Red Sox win the WS and their team is predictably jumping about near the mound.

Machado is a POS. Out of his own mouth, "I don't hustle" or some such drivel. He struck out with a golf swing. Looked to me like he wasn't even trying through the Series.

The guy is poison. I'd move him in an instant.

Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
A Series that separated the wheat from the chaff. Dodgers were never really in it, and they are a great team.

I like Steve Pearce a lot but I would have given the MVP to Price. I've never been a Sox fan, but I have the utmost respect for their season and WS run.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
An impressive season for the Red Sox.

- 108 wins in the regular season.
- Made quick work of their arch-rival Yankees in 4 games in the ALDS.
- Made quick work of the defending World Series champions Astros in 5 games in the ALCS.
- Made it look easy against the defending National League champions Dodgers in 5 games in the World Series. And to be honest it should have been a clean sweep.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Machado is a POS. Out of his own mouth, "I don't hustle" or some such drivel. He struck out with a golf swing. Looked to me like he wasn't even trying through the Series.

He may have cost himself some money . He'll still get a big contract obviously but the bidding war might be way smaller for him than it was before he came out as a huge locker room liability. I know if I'm the GM of a contending team I'm thinking twice about adding him to my mix.

Reactions: groovejuice

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

And the night before he stepped on the guy at first base
He isn't the most popular guy in Boston that's for sure
I expect him to join the Yankees!!

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is too good.

During yesterday's Red Sox parade, a fan threw at beer can at the WS trophy:

Jssvyog.gif

When the Boston Red Sox used the slogan "Do Damage" during the postseason, they didn't mean literally.

The Red Sox celebrated their World Series victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers with a parade through the streets of Boston Wednesday. While fans came out to see the team roll by in duck boats, one person did a little too much damage by throwing a beer can at the Commissioner's Trophy.

QRRmEgO.gif

Which prompted a classic comment on twitter:

face-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.png

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That reminds me of the 74 cup celebration when the Flyers were the first team to win anything in Philly and the town just lost it's mind and burned half the city to the ground :laugh:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Paul Zimmerman, aka Dr. Z, died today. He wrote for the New York Post and then SI. His columns on SI.com were curmudgeonly, informative, funny and poignant. He played on the O line at Stanford and Columbia and his technical football knowledge was likely unrivalled. He broke the game down from the football out, watching coach’s tape (All 22) when he could to study the line play.

As a Habs side note, he hated slow anthems and loved Roger Doucet for ripping through Star-Spangled Banner with vigour.

Z was 86. A stroke about 10 years ago ended his career.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Unbeaten Rams getting schooled in New-Orleans so far. 35-17 at the half.

Rams score, make it closer.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Good lord. Raptors up 42-17 after 1 quarter against the lakers..... without leonard

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Amazing stuff from the Rams offense in the first quarter. Just wow. But I have a feeling KC is going to have something to say about that too, if their last drive was of any indication.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
That D pass interference should be overturned now limiting LAR to a FG attempt. Might be the "stop" KC desperately needs to keep them in the game early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad