Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I'm understanding when it comes to things someone had no control over, like a difficult childhood and challenging times growing up.

Where I'm not forgiving is how a lot of what Maradona did, he did to himself. His drug use is well documented. Where I draw the line is how he allegedly victimized others and allegedly did so repeatedly. He was an adult when he allegedly committed those acts -- he could have sought help, he was not wanting for money or resources. I think it's pretty sad when someone who had so much influence, could have used that for the good of others and make an effort to learn from his mistakes. Soccer glory doesn't give anyone a licence to abuse others.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The worst Thanksgiving slate of football I've ever seen today. I've been following the NFL closely since 1999.

Reactions: peate

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

How many NFL games have been compromised by Covid so far?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe this guy was on to something:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Maybe this guy was on to something:

Sure a bubble would be nice but is not realistic over a full regular season. Yes a few games got rescheduled but overall things are not too bad. NFL is also willing to have a week 18 to make up games and even cancel some as needed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sure a bubble would be nice but is not realistic over a full regular season. Yes a few games got rescheduled but overall things are not too bad. NFL is also willing to have a week 18 to make up games and even cancel some as needed.

They would have had to be creative about it but they do have far less games than the NHL and NBA and most of their venues are in open air -- much more realistic than those lengthy schedules in other major sports.

Also, it wasn't just a few games that were impacted.

There has been quite a bit of schedule reshuffling so far ...

Week 4

• Pittsburgh Steelers @ Tennessee Titans: Moved from Sunday, Oct. 4 to Sunday, Oct. 25 (Week 7) due to multiple positive COVID-19 test results from the Titans.
  • New England Patriots @ Kansas City Chiefs: moved from Sunday, Oct. 4 to Monday, Oct. 5 due to positive COVID-19 test results from both teams.

Week 5

• Buffalo Bills @ Tennessee Titans: Moved from Sunday, Oct. 11 to Tuesday, Oct. 13 due to positive COVID-19 test results from the Titans.

Week 6

• Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills: Moved from Thursday, Oct. 15 to Monday, Oct. 19 after the Bills' Week 5 game against the Titans was pushed back from Sunday, Oct. 11 to Tuesday, Oct. 13. (The game will move back to Thursday if the Bills' game is not able to be played on Tuesday in Week 5.)
  • Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots: Initially moved from Sunday, Oct. 11 to Monday, Oct. 12 after Pats CB Stephon Gilmore tested positive for COVID-19. It was then reportedly moved to its new date of Sunday, Oct. 18 after a member of the Patriots organization tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, Oct. 11.
  • New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins was moved from Week 10 to to Sunday, Oct. 18.

Week 7

• Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens: Moved from Sunday, Oct. 25 to Sunday, Nov. 1 (Week 8) after Pittsburgh's Week 4 game against the Titans was moved to Oct. 25. The Ravens' bye week has been moved from Week 8 to Week 7.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars @ Los Angeles Chargers: Moved from Week 8 to Sunday, Nov. 1 at 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Las Vegas Raiders: Moved from 8:20 p.m. ET to 4:05 p.m. ET
  • Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals: Moved from 4:05 p.m. ET to 8:20 p.m. ET.

Week 8

• Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver Broncos: Moved from Week 11 (Sunday, Nov. 22) as a result of the Week 5 Broncos-Patriots game being postponed until Week 6, the Week 6 Broncos-Dolphins game being rescheduled for Week 11.

Week 10

• Los Angeles Chargers @ Miami Dolphins: Moved from Week 7 to Sunday, Nov. 15.

Week 11

• Denver Broncos @ Miami Dolphins: Initially scheduled for Week 6 (Sunday, Oct. 18) but moved to Week 11. The game was moved after a positive test from the Patriots on Sunday, Oct. 11 forced New England's Week 5 matchup with the Broncos to be pushed until Week 6.
  • New York Jets @ Los Angeles Chargers: Moved from Week 6 to Sunday, Nov. 22.

Week 12

• Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers: The game was moved from Thanksgiving Day to Sunday, Nov. 29 due to COVID-19 issues within the Ravens organization

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Lots of caca in the 1PM slot today (NYG@CIN for me obviously), but I'd check out TEN@IND if I could (The Colts have made me the most money betting this season so far).

KC@TB for the late afternoon game, then CHI@GB for SNF.

Garbage weekend overall, with very few highlights IMO.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Watching live, the seconds/few minutes waiting for news felt like hours. What a scary incident. And with less than three races left in his F1 career. Complete miracle. Thank you medical car crew, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH HALO

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watching live, the seconds/few minutes waiting for news felt like hours. What a scary incident. And with less than three races left in his F1 career. Complete miracle. Thank you medical car crew, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH HALO

Maybe he should just end his F1 career right here and forfeit the remaining races. A scare like this can prompt a lot of decisions.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kvyat sure lived up to his Torpedo nickname by sending Lance Stroll to the shadow realm
17426b.gif

Reactions: MD thaivuN

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Get a bunch of extra backs and run a wishbone offence, all run, no passing.:laugh:
At least Denver is playing in the 4 downs chess game of the NFL. You can't go anywhere when you don't have a real QB in the CFL... as the Alouettes fans know already :sarcasm:

Reactions: peate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad