OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
There's a remote chance Andreescu can climb into top 5 if she were to win the US Open. :naughty:

Can't say for sure because doing the probabilities would be complex with many top players still alive.

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.56.18 PM.png

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
To me, it doesn't get any better than the US Open as far as Grand Slams are concerned. Especially from the first weekend and until the end.

I try to watch 3 of 4 slams every year, but there's just something about this one that pulls me in more than either Wimbledon or the Aussie Open.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I can breathe again. Oufff.

Can someone please explain to me how Monfils got to that cross court forehand when it was 5-2? Wow.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Monfils has such an easy power. You can tell just by the sound the ball makes coming off his racket. When his accuracy is there, he is a handful for anyone.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Denis is going to have to pull off another miracle to win this match now. :(

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Watching my favorite tennis players is always the most anxiety-ridden experience for me across all of sports I follow. Does anyone else feel this way as well?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Watching my favorite tennis players is always the most anxiety-ridden experience for me across all of sports I follow. Does anyone else feel this way as well?

Tennis is awesome to watch and play. I hear you loud and clear. US Open just happens to be my favourite slam as well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sad news today as Antoine Hubert, a French pilot, died in a Formula 2 race accident

I just read through a ton of tweets. It was a horrific accident, there are two clips of it if anyone wants to search it on Twitter. Just reminds you how dangerous that sport is. Can't help but be reminded about how Gilles Villeneuve lost his life. RIP.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
My main man Roger still has some game left in him :nod:

Yes he does, and his style of game is so silky.

It will be interesting to see if Rafa, and Djokovic will have the same longetivity, but I always thought Roger's game was the least demanding on the body out of those three.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yes he does, and his style of game is so silky.

It will be interesting to see if Rafa, and Djokovic will have the same longetivity, but I always thought Roger's game was the least demanding on the body out of those three.
I too have always felt the reason why he's been relatively injury free (until his body started breaking down a bit in his thirties) is mostly because of how well he moves on the court. His court coverage is second to none.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I too have always felt the reason why he's been relatively injury free (until his body started breaking down a bit in his thirties) is mostly because of how well he moves on the court. His coverage is second to none.

Yeah, his footwork, and technical ability to strike balls in a variety of ways seemed to save alot of strain on his body.

There alot of herky jerky movements at this level that look so unnatural for the body, but Roger always got himself in positions to make it look natural.

Constrast to the way Djokovic plays. He looks like gumby out there, and while Nadal has toned it down a little bit these days, I remember feeling pain just watching him lol.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Yeah, his footwork, and technical ability to strike balls in a variety of ways seemed to save alot of strain on his body.

There alot of herky jerky movements at this level that look so unnatural for the body, but Roger always got himself in positions to make it look natural.

Constrast to the way Djokovic plays. He looks like gumby out there, and while Nadal has toned it down a little bit these days, I remember feeling pain just watching him lol.
I think Joker will have a long career but you're spot on.

Federer is just so smooth. If James Bond played tennis, he'd look like Federer.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Nadal 10 years ago you could see just watching him plays he would have injuries troubles later on. Like you said he tuned it down but there was a time where man he was all-in 100% of the time. That was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad