The Other Guys. (newest additions)

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
lucic pushed for boston to draft Gallagher, good thing they didn't listen ;)

That's pretty cool I didn't know that. Considering he could have been had with a low pick it would've been worth it for them. I can understand listening to your scouts over a player though :laugh:

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
That's pretty cool I didn't know that. Considering he could have been had with a low pick it would've been worth it for them. I can understand listening to your scouts over a player though :laugh:

Looking back at it, they selected 6'4'' Justin Florek who's posting lower numbers in the AHL than Gallagher in the NHL...

Marchand-Bergeron-Gallagher

Oh the inhumanity that line would have been...

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Looking back at it, they selected 6'4'' Justin Florek who's posting lower numbers in the AHL than Gallagher in the NHL...

Marchand-Bergeron-Gallagher

Oh the inhumanity that line would have been...

Lol squeaky clean bergeron with two little **** distrubers hahaha :laugh:

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
I like Flynn's game. Speedy, does the little things right, positioned himself very well in the slot waiting for a pass that never came. Drew a penalty too. I can see why Bergy took a flyer on him. He's also the same age as Weise when we got him.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
DSP brings little at this point but a few nice hit. Haven't seen a decent shot from him or anything for that matter offensively.

Mitchel is OK but a little soft on the puck and often out of position.

Flynn plays scare if you ask me...mainly along the board defensively.

Petry has been good and I can see him get better.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I like Flynn's game. Speedy, does the little things right, positioned himself very well in the slot waiting for a pass that never came. Drew a penalty too. I can see why Bergy took a flyer on him. He's also the same age as Weise when we got him.

You can't be serious about this. If there were corsi for useless, Flynn, Mitchell and DSP would break the ratings system. We have much better in Hamilton man and it's not even close.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
You can't be serious about this. If there were corsi for useless, Flynn, Mitchell and DSP would break the ratings system. We have much better in Hamilton man and it's not even close.

Jesus Christ are you kidding me ? I also like extra-pulp orange juice, kinder eggs and cheese on everything. How about you judge that too ? I like the guy's game from what i saw, thats not up for debate. You could argue that my reasons are off-base, but disagreeing with the mere fact that i LIKE his game is beyond me.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Would've rather just kept up Bournival/Thomas instead of wasting picks on plugs who are adding nothing to our lineup.

Our offense was awful before the trade deadline and Bergevin managed to make it even worse, beyond ridiculous that he hasn't found a permanent upgrade to our top 6 since he's been here.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Other than Petry..... meh...

Basically this. We now have a glut of options for the 12th forward, but there's no room for any of them unless all the other 12th forwards we have are sidelined for some reason. We didn't acquire anyone capable of pushing even Prust or Weise down the depth chart, and there's even still room for Malhotra, all things considered.

So basically, most of the problems we had walking into this season are still here as we approach the playoffs... but it's okay because Price and Pacioretty might be having career years and Subban is having another Norris candidate season. Nothing worth taking advantage of there...

Last edited:

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Would've rather just kept up Bournival/Thomas instead of wasting picks on plugs who are adding nothing to our lineup.

Our offense was awful before the trade deadline and Bergevin managed to make it even worse, beyond ridiculous that he hasn't found a permanent upgrade to our top 6 since he's been here.

Right on!!

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Petry/DSP/Mitchell/Flynn are 1G 2A and a combined -13 in 46 man games. You be the judge.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Marc Bergevin is great at turning a dollar into four quarters. Next time I need change for the parking meter I know who to call.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Does anyone have a stats when Flynn and Mitchell are in the line-up ? I'm very curious to see.
There should be a reason that Sabres are the worst team.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Does anyone have a stats when Flynn and Mitchell are in the line-up ? I'm very curious to see.
There should be a reason that Sabres are the worst team.

According to my calculations:

Mitchell in - 3-4-3
Flynn in - 2-3-2
Both in 2-3-1

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Petry/DSP/Mitchell/Flynn are 1G 2A and a combined -13 in 46 man games. You be the judge.
And the G came from the defenceman.

Whoever in the pro scouting department gave Bergevin the advice to acquire those two Buffalo cast-offs should be fired, plain and simple. Those two losers bring nothing to the ice that our own prospects can't, and the prospects have development upside. DSP is no prize either. Again, serious shortcoming in pro scouting.

If Bergevin came up with the idea to acquire all this waiver-wire-trash on his own... I'm not quite ready to call for his head yet but I'm losing faith & patience.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
And the G came from the defenceman.

Whoever in the pro scouting department gave Bergevin the advice to acquire those two Buffalo cast-offs should be fired, plain and simple. Those two losers bring nothing to the ice that our own prospects can't, and the prospects have development upside. DSP is no prize either. Again, serious shortcoming in pro scouting.

If Bergevin came up with the idea to acquire all this waiver-wire-trash on his own... I'm not quite ready to call for his head yet but I'm losing faith & patience.

Did you seriously just call professional hockey players "losers" ?

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Sometimes I think just the culture change can be enough to mess up a team's synergy.

Anybody else wonder what the effect of adding 4 guys from losing teams might have had? We sure have been terrible since the trading deadline.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Did you seriously just call professional hockey players "losers" ?
Bottom-6 trash from the worst NHL hockey team to take the ice in the past several seasons. No statistical measure that shows either of them to be anything better than serviceable 4th-liners, easily replaceable by up-and-comers. And DSP is trending dangerously close to that definition himself.

Yes, I think that qualifies as "losers" in the NHL context.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Bottom-6 trash from the worst NHL hockey team to take the ice in the past several seasons. No statistical measure that shows either of them to be anything better than serviceable 4th-liners, easily replaceable by up-and-comers. And DSP is trending dangerously close to that definition himself.

Yes, I think that qualifies as "losers" in the NHL context.

Mind=blown.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

Exactly. Its sad.

At least MB didn't cause major MAJOR damage at the trade deadline.

Lost Sekac
Lost a 2nd pick for Timmins

(Recent great 2nds, btw)

Saad 2011
Kucherov 2011
O'Reilley 2009
Stepan 2008
Subban 2007
Simmonds 2007

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Mind=blown.
Well then, what do either Flynn or Mitchell bring to this team that we lacked? What positive contributions do either of them make on the ice?

According to natural-stat-trick, Mitchell has played 96 minutes for us. In that time, he's managed to be on ice for an incredible 120 shot attempts against, and just 47 for. That's a shot-attempt bleed rate that's... unfathomably bad. Even for us!

Flynn is barely any better. 64 minutes on ice, 87 attempts against, 42 for. At least we've managed to score 1 G while Flynn was on the ice.

These are two of the very worst sets of possession numbers on the entire team. In fact only Malhotra's numbers are worse!

I know Therrien doesn't preach puck possession, he doesn't even believe in it. But when you take an already bad system, and add two clearly sub-par players to it, you're just making the problem worse, not better.

We would've been better off never acquiring those two, and we'll be better off next season without them. Maybe they'll latch on somewhere else and stink up someone else's 4th line. Don't know, don't care. Neither of them are probably going to have long NHL careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad